The connector application that allows for syncing of Windows Phone devices along with Zune players has been updated to version 3.0. Known simply as Windows Phone, thus dropping the ‘Connector’ part of the name, it brings with it support for the new Windows Phone 8 devices along with a host of improvements for all users.
Windows Phone 3.0 provides the following updates and changes:
- Support for Windows Phone 8 devices
- Drag and drop files between Windows Phone and your Mac desktop
- Drag and drop files from Finder to your Windows Phone 8 devices
- Support for iPhoto 9.3.2 and Aperture 3.3.2
- Support for battery charge state (Windows Phone 8 devices)
- Support for Retina display Macs
Note that when you install the upgrade you will have to authorize any external drives you’ve used for content, otherwise you’ll get sync errors. The tool to authorize is under the file menu.