As we mentioned earlier this week, Wordament is now officially part of the Xbox LIVE games family with it’s update/availability today. Originally, Wordament was release on the Windows Phone some time ago, but was not part of the Xbox LIVE games collection. It has now been bestowed with the honor of being an Xbox LIVE Windows Phone game.
If you already had Wordament installed on your Windows Phone, you should have received an update to the new version 2.0 Xbox LIVE edition. If you want to download Wordament go right ahead, it’s now listed as an Xbox LIVE game on the marketplace. The new Wordament obviously boasts the expected Xbox LIVE friends integration, leaderboards, and 200 Gamerscore worth of achievements.
A couple of special changes to note with the Xbox LIVE version release:
- This free release updates and replaces the current version that you have and adds a number of fun and top player-requested features.
- The most notable change is that we are retiring our screen name system and moving exclusively to Xbox LIVE Gamertags. That means you need to have an Xbox LIVE account set up, follow the instructions from the Wordament Blog on how to do that.
- Language Editions will also be rolling out over the next couple of months. English is initially available with the launch, and Spanish BETA. In the next months the following languages will be added: Dutch, Swedish, French, German, and Italian.
Wordament is published by Microsoft Studios for this now available version 188.8.131.52 release, downloads at 5 MB, and is currently listed to support Deutsch, English, Español, Français, Italiano, Nederlands, and svenska languages.
Wordament is absolutely free, and being a brand new Xbox LIVE title, there is no point downloading the trial version. The game is ad-supported and very addicting (we warned you). My Windows Phone is actually charging right now because I’ve already drained the battery playing Wordament.
Download Link: Wordament
The hit Windows Phone 7 game- now with Xbox LIVE! Come play the game that thousands are playing, earn achievements and compete against friends and frenemies alike on the Leaderboards.
This version is loaded with new features including:
– A completely updated visual design with beautiful backgrounds
– By Request- ‘Contains’- reveal every word a tile makes up on the results screen
– Guest Mode- let someone else play, without compromising your stats
– Multiple Languages- Currently UI only, but watch our blog for information on updates
– Now with sounds! (Optional in the options menu)
– Performance Improvements
– Much, much more!
Wordament® is a unique kind of word game—a word tournament—where you are competing with the whole internet to be the best word searcher in every game. Every player is competing on the same board, in real-time, to get the highest score. Will you be the Wordament champion?
Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer! Tap names in the results list to add them to your personal list of Frenemies™, which is shown at the end of every game. Your Xbox LIVE friends will be automatically added!
Wordament features unique, highly playable games. Every board is guaranteed to have over 100 possible words, and every tile is playable. Our dictionary is tuned to help you find the most common words you missed. We also have themed games, like Digrams, where we introduce a simple, but fun secondary goal of using a two-letter tile in as many words as possible.
User interface available in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch and Swedish. Game boards remain in English. Watch our blog for details on new languages coming soon.
How you play and how you win is up to you!