Sprint and Motorola have officially announced the Moto Q will be available starting later this month from Sprint. The Sprint Moto Q will be available initially through business sales channels and online with retail stores expected to receive shipments in mid-February.
Click to enlarge.
Consumers and professionals striving to be more organized and productive in the new year can rely on Sprint and Motorola to help them achieve their New Year’s resolution. The companies announced today they plan to begin offering the Sprint Mobile Broadband Smart Device MOTO Q by Motorola later this month in Sprint business sales channels and online at http://www.sprint.com . Sprint is expected to begin offering the MOTO Q in all channels including Sprint Stores in mid-February.
Click to enlarge.
Slim and stylish, the MOTO Q offered from Sprint operates on the Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone Platform with the Messaging and Security Feature Pack and gives customers easy access to mobile email*, Web*, calendar, music, video and phone functionality in one pocket-sized device. Exclusive features available only from Sprint include:
- Sprint Mobile Broadband Service on the Sprint Power Vision(SM) Network.
- Customized Sprint Powerdeck – The NEW Sprint Powerdeck Located in the Internet Explorer Favorites Menu will provide users with Featured Content, optimized content links and an online searchable User Guide for convenient access to tips, troubleshooting techniques and how-to instructions.
- NFL Mobile – available exclusively from Sprint, this application brings the world of NFL to your handset. Access team content, check real-time scores and stats, and shop for NFL downloads. NFL Mobile is included with any Sprint Power Vision data pack starting as low as $15 a month.
- On Demand – retrieve customized, up-to-date web content such as sports, weather, news, money and movie information with the push of a button.
“Life today goes beyond the home or office. The Motorola Q operating on the Sprint Power Vision Network gives our customers the power of information that moves with them in a sleek, ultra-thin form factor,” said Danny Bowman, vice president of customer equipment for Sprint. “And with a Sprint Power Vision Access pack, available for as low as $15 per month, Sprint customers have the power do more for less each month.”
In addition to the exclusive Sprint offerings, customers can benefit from the following advanced features:
Click to enlarge.
- Enhanced email capabilities with Good Mobile Messaging – provides secure, real-time access to email and corporate data with a familiar, Outlook-like interface. Available directly from the Sprint Powerdeck allowing for convenient and easy installation
- QWERTY keyboard for easy, accurate messaging
- Flexible push e-mail capabilities including support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 and Good Mobile Messaging, as well as consumer email solutions such as POP3, IMAP4 and SMTP protocols
- Wireless synchronization with Microsoft Outlook e-mail, calendar, tasks and contacts
- Windows Media Player 10 Mobile for playback and streaming of music, video and audio
- Large, high-resolution display
- Integrated version 1.2 Bluetooth wireless technology 1.2
- 1.3 MP camera with flash and 6x digital zoom, video capture with sound and playback
- Externally accessible mini SD card slot for additional storage
- Five-way navigation button and thumb wheel for single-handed operation Sprint is enabling the MOTO Q with flexible connectivity options including phone-as-modem functionality to allow customers to use the device with a laptop for high-speed data access via the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network.
“The MOTO Q is a great example of how Motorola is executing upon its vision of seamless mobility, providing complete and reliable mobility,” said Peter Aloumanis, vice president and strategic account manager, Motorola Sales and Services. “On the Sprint Power Vision Network, the MOTO Q provides Sprint customers with high-quality voice and data in a sleek and intelligent device that is ideal for productivity and entertainment.”