SplashData today announced the launch of SplashID 4.0 password manager for Windows Mobile devices. The new version, released in July for Palm/Treo devices, offers a host of new features that enhance security, convenience and connectivity.
“Whether the sensitive information you carry around with you on your mobile device is for business or personal use, all of us need to take the steps necessary to keep that data from falling in the hands of the wrong people,” said Morgan Slain, CEO of SplashData. “SplashID 4 now offers BlackBerry and Windows Mobile users the handy tools to easily manage and protect their passwords, account numbers and other sensitive information and prevent their identities from being stolen.”
Whether the sensitive information you carry around with you on your mobile device is for business or personal use, all of us need to take the steps necessary to keep that data from falling in the hands of the wrong people As with prior versions of SplashID, version 4.0 includes two software applications that work together — one application for a user’s handheld and companion software for a desktop computer. Both the mobile application and the Windows desktop software have been updated in SplashID 4.
Key new features of SplashID 4’s handheld software include:
- Active URL links, giving them the ability to simply tap the URL field to launch the web browser and immediately access a website.
- Four additional data fields for filling in information, bringing the total number of fields in each SplashID record to ten, plus a Notes field.
- Enhanced Password Generator, automatically generating robust passwords that fit specific criteria and rating the strength and security of selected passwords.
- The ability to email records, with SplashID automatically exporting a secure vID file and attaching it to an email message that can be sent to colleagues. SplashID 4’s Windows desktop companion software has also been completely revamped with updates including:
- Web Auto-Fill, simplifying data entry of user names and passwords in SplashID by using a web browser to go directly to a site and retrieving the username and password to auto-fill in the record.
- Panel View and Tree View, two ways to view all records or categories or types of records
- Database Sync, enabling advanced users to select multiple databases to synchronize with on the desktop and easily share data with other users, even across a network.
- Auto Search, retrieving records simply by the user entering a few letters in the Find box to instantly display results in the results view
SplashID retails for $29.95 and is available as a free trial.