With significant coverage of the ongoing data woes plaguing some WP7 users, people are trying to slap together homebrew fixes for their devices, in order to stop from going over data limits for the month. The Windows Club has put together some tips on how to avoid the overage charges:
- Disable the Windows Feedback Option. Check it every so often to make sure it hasn’t enabled itself.
- If you are using WiFi, make sure to disable the Cellular connection. If you are on Battery Mode and your phone goes sleep, make sure if it disconnects the WiFi that it isn’t reconnecting Cellular.
- In your Pictures and Camera Settings, make sure Auto Upload to Skydrive is not enabled.
- If you have apps like Yahoo Mail (another app that is largely being blamed as the culprit), Facebook, Twitter, check the Data syncing options to see how much data consumption they use.
- One tip from a user on the Howard Forums is to disable data and leave your phone on 3G while anywhere with WiFi. You can still get calls and texts, but no data is used on your plan. When your own the move and need data re enable it.
If you’re having trouble with the data problems, try these out and let us know if they help!