As expected, the Nokia Lumia 610 was announced earlier today at Mobile World Congress. Destined to hit a younger, cash-strapped audience, the Lumia 610 is being pitched as the affordable Windows Phone. It will come in a host of colors including white, cyan, magenta and black.
As for the release, that won’t be for a few months. The Nokia Lumia 610 requires Windows Phone Tango update, with availability sometime in the April timeframe. The update also includes network and language support for China, a huge market.
Nokia Lumia 610 Specs
- Screen size: 3.7” LCD display
- HSDPA CAT 7, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA CAT 6, 5.76 Mbps
- WLAN IEEE802.11 b/g/n
- Resolution: WVGA 800 x 480 pixels
- 16 Million colours
- Capacitive touch screen with pinch zoom
- Size: 119 x 62 x 12 mm
- Weight (with battery): 131.5 g
- Volume: 77.6 cc
- Internal memory: 8 GB
- RAM: 256 MB
- Skydrive storage available
- Talk time (maximum):
- GSM up to 6.5 h
- WCDMA up to 7.5 h
- Standby time (maximum):
- GSM up to 580 h
- WCDMA up to 530 h
- Video playback time (maximum): 7 h
- Music playback time (maximum): 35 h
No US carriers were mentioned in the announcement. AT&T is prepping for the higher end Nokia Lumia 900, so perhaps this will flank the the lower end of the market. T-Mobile is another possibility.