The way to tether a Samsung WP7 phone has already been discovered, but what about other handsets? Well, if you type ##634# on your Dell Venue Pro, you get to see the Matrix, which isn’t very helpful, as cool as it may be. On the other hand, the LG Optimus 7’s tethering tricks have been unearthed by French site SmartPhoneFrance. Like the other devices, you type ##634#, and then you’re prompted for a password, which is 277634 # * #.
Once that’s sorted, here are the directions for setting up tethering, but this is for Orange France, so I’m not sure how applicable they are to users in other countries:
- Optimus Unlocking your LG 7 to access the program MFG
– Download and install drivers for LG modem on your PC
– Turn off the data connection (Settings / Network Mobile)
– Start MFG and go to the menu “USB Switching” (Menu Engineer / Port Setting)
– Select the “QC COMPOSITE” and validate (The camera restarts)
– Connect it to the PC which is then automatically install the necessary drivers
– Go into the modem settings “LGE CDMA USB Modem” then add an additional parameter in the string + CGDCONT = 1, “IP”, “orange”
– Manually create a new connection using that modem as phone number * 99 #
– And normally it should work:)
Any of our readers have an LG Optimus 7 and want to try and get it to work on their phones?