Everyone and their mother has a WordPress blog these days, either through WP themselves or as the CMS for something bigger and better — like, say, your favorite Windows Phone website. So how would you like an extremely easy way of bundling up that blog into a Windows Phone app? Meet Windows Phone Starter Kit for WordPress — which takes altering just a single line of code to make happen.
To customize the Starter Kit, perform the following actions:
- Open the MainPage.xaml.cs file in Visual Studio
- Update the siteURL parameter to the location of your WordPress blog
To install the WordPress Plugin
- Log into your WordPress blog using an account that has administrative access
- Click on the “Plugins” link from the navigation bar on the Dashboard
- Click on the “Add New” button on the Plugins page
- Select the “Upload” link from those choices presented on the Plugins page
- Click the browse button and navigate to the location of the WPSKPlugin.zip (usually <project folder>\WordPressPlugin\WPSKPlugin.zip
- Click the “Install Now” button to perform the upload.