Zune Software Alternative

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by Despair, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Despair

Despair New Member

Ok it's official, if I ever disliked iTunes, it pales in comparison to my new found hate for Zune's piece of crap software. It's basically unusable for my huge electronic music collection. The only way to make a playlist is to drag and drop one song at a time from a library of 10,000 unorganized, weirdly named songs and mixes, REALLY??? I wish my iTunes playlist converter software had worked, all the playlists were messed up though in Zune.

Can anyone recommend alternative software for generating Zune playlists that my WP7 can read?
  2. NaplesBill

NaplesBill Member

Actually, IMO, iTunes pales in comparison to Zune.
    You can make playlists from multiple songs at once. Ctrl + click or Shift + click both work here. Once you have selected your multiple items, right click and choose add to playlist. It will then bring up a list of playlists and even allow you to create a new one. You can also use SmartDJ and it works like Genius playlists. Finally, you can create an autoplaylist based on criteria you select.
  3. Despair

Despair New Member

You didn't read my post at all did you? Obviously I know how to multi-select files, that's not the point. It would take DAYS to find the files and add them to the appropriate play lists. SmartDJ is worthless to me, like I said I have thousands of songs and mixes with weird names and no tagging whatsoever.

Anyone have a suggestion for something that can create drag and drop playlists in the zune format??
  4. NaplesBill

NaplesBill Member

The only thing you stated, in your entire first post, was that you couldn't create a playlist adding more than 1 song at a time. I gave you multiple ways to add more than one song at a time, and your response is to accuse me of not reading your post? What are you talking about?

Learn to post accurate requests or figure it out on your own. Don't blame a software developer for your mp3 tagging issues.
  5. termleech

termleech Member

If you look in the bottom left hand corner of the zune software when you are in Collection > Music > Songs the third icon from the right is where you can drop songs to add them to a playlist. It will either pop up a box to drop it, or it will remember the last playlist you added a song to and if you drop it on to the icon it will add it to that playlist. Is that what you are looking for?
  6. termleech

termleech Member

You can also right click on a song and hit add to playlist which will allow you to add them to playlists.
  7. termleech

termleech Member

8. Brett Watters

Brett Watters New Member

Use Windows Media Player. Zune automatically reads those playlists and moves them to your phone (depending on your sync options).