Zune Player Skipping at end of songs Samsung Focus

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by KellisJ2003, Nov 24, 2010.

1. KellisJ2003

KellisJ2003 New Member

I am now on my second Samsung Focus since the phone came out November 8th. I love the phone, but I have had some major usability issues, and thought replacing the handset would solve the problem, which it hasn't. I have Zune Pass, and have loaded content onto the phone. The problem is that at the end of almost every other song, the audio skips and freezes. Eventually it will go to the next track after about 30 seconds of skipping, but this is ridiculous. Also, if I press the sleep/wake button it will pick back up and complete the final few seconds of the song without skipping. Has anyone else had this problem? I have searched a bit on Google and have come up with nothing. Please help as this Zune is about 70% of the reason I bought this phone in the first place. Thanks!

KB
  2. termleech

termleech Member

I have definitely noticed this as well. I haven't really determined how often it happens but I have definitely noticed that it will freeze at the end of songs before it goes to the next one.
  3. eriku

eriku New Member

Do either of you have a expansion card in your phone? I'm using a 32 Gig card and experience this skipping.
  4. termleech

termleech Member

I do have an expansion card. I have the 16 GB Sandisk Class 4 card. Maybe it's a side effect of the card?
  5. Thai Le

Thai Le New Member

It's been happening to me as well, not very annoying but would like to see it fixed.
  6. Dweezy

Dweezy New Member

I suffer from this problem as well. No card at all in the slot. Sometimes I let it just skip through and the phone freezes, forcing me to reboot to get it working again.
  7. Fleon

Fleon New Member

I use my Focus all the time for music and have never seen this problem. I've even got a 16GB Kingston card in my SD slot.

I have my own mp3s, zune pass subscriptio content, and purchased zune songs all on mine, no issues like you are describing at all. I can even stream zune music over 3G with no stuttering or skipping.

Wish I could help, but I can say that your problem isn't universal. Have you tried unloading all the music from the phone, then loading it back on a little at a time while testing to see if you might have some corrupted/bad mp3s?
  8. KellisJ2003

KellisJ2003 New Member

I used a 16gb expansion card on my first Samsung Focus, but the new one I left with just the internal memory to see if it fixed the issue (which it hasn't). I am at a crossroads here, part of me wants to return the phone altogether and get something else, but I honestly love the phone.

Another issue I have been having is certain applications, most notably the marketplace will freeze up completely. When I try to reset the phone with the power button, it will get stuck on the, "Goodbbye!" screen until I have to physically remove the battery from the phone. This has happened on both of the handsets I have owned thus far.

I think I am going to call both AT&T and Samsung and see if they are working on any possibly software updates that will fix the Zune skipping issue and/or the freezing of applications issue. I'm surprised more of you haven't had these problems, as I am 2 for 2 on Samsung Foci.

KB
  9. izzypizzy

izzypizzy Member

The Marketplace freezing is a known issue and they're working on a fix. When you power down after the marketplace freezes, do you first go back to the homescreen with the windows button or do you powerdown from the frozen marketplace? That might have something to do with the odd powering down behavior (just guessing).

I haven't listened to much music on my phone yet, but I did listen to about an albums worth the other day while washing my car, I didn't notice any odd behavior, but I'll pay more attention next time.
  10. Nick Syrax

Nick Syrax New Member

Is the song skip only on the Focus?
  11. aeschylus

aeschylus New Member

You're not crazy. I have a Samsung focus too and I have had this happen to me but only once out of hundred of times I've played music on my phone. I have no idea what caused it to happen. It started to pause at the very end of songs for about ten seconds or so and then finish the rest of the song. I think I turned my phone off and on and it stopped happening.
  12. Honorary Title

Honorary Title New Member

Hey guys, i have also had this occur on my phone. Samsung focus with 16gb sandisk class 4 here. This also happened with the internal memory to though, so i doubt it is the external storage.

One thing that i would note though. This happened originally with the Zune 30 gig. This was a known issue that occurred on Zune players when it first launched. It was fixed through a firmware update to the Zune player. I have experienced both issues and they are almost identical in nature. I would think it should be fixed with the first firmware update.