Zune newbie

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by EatCereal, Dec 10, 2010.

1. EatCereal

EatCereal Member

Quick question. Why aren't some songs available to listen to/buy?

I saw through my xbox that Zune has two songs I wanted that i-tunes does not.

Keep Hope Alive - Tamia from the Associate Soundtrack
    Simon Says - Drain STH

But neither are availble. :mad::(
  2. TheMBC

TheMBC New Member

Yeah I've realized this and it's been that way ever since Zune debuted back in 2006. Sometimes it's because of an album-only deal with the record label, other times it's just because the song is listed but not actually available for download. I assume this is just so you know the artist's discography.

Unless you mean with Zune Pass? Then that's a whole other story.
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Even with Zune Pass, some songs/albums are not available. I think it has something to do with rights from record labels/artists.
  4. TheMBC

TheMBC New Member

Precisely what I meant. If songs aren't available for Zune Pass, that's a record label issue. Like, perfect example, no P!nk songs are available and never have been for Zune Pass.
  5. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Overall, I've been pleased with the selection.
  6. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I specifically switched from iTunes to Zune, because of Zune Pass. I love the idea of a monthly subcription with unlimited access to millions of songs. I only wish they had tiered pricing like $10 for unlimited and 5 free keep or $5 for unlimited and 0 free keep. I don't really care for keeping songs. When it comes time to choose my monthly 10 free keeps, I download whatever is recommended for me.
  7. ab30494

ab30494 New Member

same , i love zune pass, i used to have till i sold my zune hd. will be glad to have it back once I get my wp7. the HTC 7 pro once it comes out