Zune connection errors

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by jimsmith, Dec 7, 2010.

1. jimsmith

jimsmith New Member

I consistently get connection problems with Zune when I connect my phone to the computer. Zune asks me to reconnect, and I have to replug the USB cable numerous times before it works. Is anyone else having this issue?
  2. bnk999

bnk999 New Member

I haven't experienced this. What OS do you have on your computer? Do you have the newest version of Zune? Have you tried rebooting phone and computer? Also try a different USB port on your computer.
  3. jimsmith

jimsmith New Member

Windows 7. Yes. Yes. Tried that. This is a recurring problem, I've tried several things. It's pretty annoying. Also Zune likes to run at 15% CPU for some reason...really annoying too. Thanks.
  4. J's world

J's world New Member

I just talked to customer support and they solved this issue for me in about 20 seconds. I had to go to Certificates Manager (CERTMGR.msc) open up the personal then Certificates and delete the Zune-Tuner certificate. Then disconnected the device closed and then started Zune, and reconnected the device. It forces the system to regenerate a certificate and then it worked perfectly.
  5. jab119

jab119 Member

im having the same problem. I even changed which USB port I was using, that worked fine for a few days, then last night it started with the errors again. I tried removing the certificate like J's World said to do and still having the same problem :(