Zoom out in Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by graywraith, Feb 15, 2008.

1. graywraith

graywraith New Member

Zoom out in Internet Explorer

How does one go about zooming out in Internet Explorer? When I browse the net and bring up a page (woot.com for example) I see part of the screen and would like to be able to zoom out and zoom in if I want more detail. Right now I can't see the whole page at once.

Thanks in advance.
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

Menu > Zoom ? or play with the View...
  3. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

If you want better zooming capabilities, you should try opera mini. There are a number of threads here at EQ with instructions on how to install.
  4. graywraith

graywraith New Member

Opera? Thanks! I was not aware of that option. I am going to look into it.
  5. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Opera Mini. The current version of Opera Mobile (8.65) does not have zooming, AFAIK. The next version is supposed to, though.
  6. graywraith

graywraith New Member

I just now noticed your post. I just spent a lot of time installing opera mini and it is a lot faster. I did not see how I could zoom in and out and came back to my original post. I guess I will wait until the next version comes out. However, it is A LOT faster than IE and I think I will keep using it (as soon as I figure out how to make google the home page). Thanks for all the help everyone!
  7. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

The zooming is there. When you navigate to a page, it should give you an overview of the page with a red box highlighting a portion of the page, and when you press the action button, it should zoom into that part of the page in greater detail. You may want to check if you are using mobile view, which would not render certain pages as full-blown webpages. Try turning that off and navigating to a site like Yahoo! Sports.
  8. graywraith

graywraith New Member

I just noticed what was wrong. Some how I had downloaded version 3. I went back to the website and installed version 4 and it ran and I could see the square to zoom in and out. When I closed it and brought it back up, version 3 was back again. I am going to have to figure that one out.
  9. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

When you installed version 4, did it uninstall version 3?
  10. graywraith

graywraith New Member

No, it just said that it already existed and if I wanted to install it again. I said yes. When the install was finished, I said yes to launch the applet. I was able to use it and zoom in and out of sites. I closed it again and brought it up and again it brought up version 3, but when I run the program, the short cut says it is version 4. I tried to uninstall it and was going to reinstall, but I can not find it under remove programs. One strange thing with version three is if I bring up myspace.com, it brings up myspace Norge. Not sure what is going on.
  11. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

To uninstall the old version, you may have to go through Jbed (I'm assuming that's what you used when you installed OM4).
  12. graywraith

graywraith New Member

I did use Jbed. I found the option to uninstall and did so. I went back to Opera's web site and downloaded version 4. I then ran it and it worked. Once I exited and went back in, I get a message that says, "Could not find suie s0_. I click on dismiss and then Launch and it opens fine. I am going to uninstall and reinstall again to see if this fixes. it.
  13. graywraith

graywraith New Member

I just uninstalled and reinstalled and even shut the phone down before trying it and it is still giving me the same message. Each time I run it, it gives me the messages, I enter through the next two screens and it works. I may just have to deal with it.
  14. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Did you use the Start Menu shortcut that was described in the Opera Mini thread? Is that what leads to the error message? If so, you need to edit the shortcut to point to the right midilet. If OM3 and OM4 are the only programs you've installed with Jbed, then you just need to edit the shortcut to point to suite s1 (or s2 if it's the third program you've installed in Jbed, s3 if it's the 4th, etc.). Just copy the shortcut from your Q to your PC and open it with a text editor (like Wordpad), and you should be able to edit it (change the 0 to 1), and then copy it back to your Q.
  15. graywraith

graywraith New Member

I did use that shortcut, but I also defined a short cut in the Home Screen Shortcuts under the Personalize My Q option. You have to place a check mark next to the programs you want a shortcut created for and it says Opera Mini 4. What is strange is that it will give me that message, but after I enter through them, Opera 4 does open. I will definitely try your suggestion.

Thanks for your help with this. I really appreciate it.
  16. graywraith

graywraith New Member

I tried your suggestion and I got it to work with s3. Thank you very much!