YouTube player

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by motorolaq27, Jul 7, 2010.

1. motorolaq27

motorolaq27 New Member

YouTube player

anybody know of any good youtube player for the q9m. i'm currently running the one provided by youtube.com from google but that one is not that good. its too choppy and only certain videos are available. unlike TCPMP's, which was nice and clear and smooth playing, googles youtube player sucks. TCPMP's plugin does not work anymore on wm6.1 else i would still be using that instead.
  2. mhans311

mhans311 Member

An easy one to try is just using Skyfire, although I have found that to be laggy and choppy as well. I generally use Kinoma Play. It is an app that costs $30. They have a free version called Kinoma Freeplay that you can try and use it as long as you want. It lacks some features, but the youtube player is good. Once you have the free version, there is an option to buy the full version for like $24. Kinoma play is more than just a youtube app. It is a media player, podcast streamer, internet radio client (last.fm, Live365, Shoutcast etc), facebook and twitter client, Audible client, flickr and picasa client, and a lot more. I highly recommend it.
  3. motorolaq27

motorolaq27 New Member

My apologies for not thanking you right away mhans311. Thanks a lot! Also i want to take the time to add that V-Tap also plays videos from sources like dailymotion and other sites. You may not find many videos but if ever you're looking for a video that you cant find it in youtube mobile from google, then you might find it in V-tap. Also, the videos play in crisp clear 320x240 resolution and very smooth too. There's a loading time before the video starts but if you have good reception, then the loading time is only a few seconds long. After that, your video will play smoothly, most of the time, flawless. Plus it has the option if you want to listen to the audio only which i find it very useful when im in an area with low reception. You can still find some of the latest music videos in it though, thats for sure. I like it. It is in a way, a great substitution to the all favorite TCPMP application but then again, it will never match it.