Youtube on the Q!

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Rhstevenson, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Rhstevenson

Rhstevenson New Member

Youtube on the Q!

Well not really, but kinda.

If you don't know already, you can type in http://tinytube.net and it will search Google Video (and from reading forum stuff i think they are going to add Youtube)

Then you are taken to a screen with the top results and you can either view them in Low/Mid/High/Stream. Currently i have only streamed content. For my test i typed in "surf" and picked the second result and chose stream and it worked perfectly. It steams a .3gp file to Media Player. I tried without success to do the download options, however presumably if you had another media player you might be able to stream the content, otherwise it says it's not supported by Media Player.

Anyway this is kinda cool, Can anyone confirm success at Low/Mid/High settings?
  2. jojotj3

jojotj3 New Member

will this mess up a tcpmp movie program i have on my q please let me know if i can dowload it with this program
  3. pistacio

pistacio New Member

tinytube works well with tcmcp player. In fact, when viewing tinytube on the Q, it recommends using tcmcp.

oops...i meant tcpmp.
  4. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 New Member

I just tried it... I have TCPMP installed and it won't accept "stream" mode (says "RTSP protocol not supported"), but download mode worked fine on one video I tried.

Cool shortcut to add.
  5. jojotj3

jojotj3 New Member

SO IT WONT MESS UP THE TCPMP AND YOU CAN STILL LOOK UP VIDEO ON YOUTUBE AND GOOGLE VIDEO WHAT ABOUT MY SPACE
  6. Rhstevenson

Rhstevenson New Member

Just try it out and see for yourself. I'm not too impressed as of now, however they seem to be working on expanding their selection. Has anyone had any success with streaming properly?
  7. jojotj3

jojotj3 New Member

ok thanks alot
  8. daniel

daniel New Member

the streaming worked for me with windows media player, however i couldnt get low/high to work, i kept getting an error, file not found.