YouTube on the Iphone (but not the Q)

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by jsong123, Jun 20, 2007.

1. jsong123

jsong123 New Member

YouTube on the Iphone (but not the Q)

The Iphone will come pre-installed for YouTube, so it will ... work. When I bought my Q I showed it to my friends, and the first thing they asked was "Can you download YouTube videos?". Well no, or, uh some people say yes, or maybe in the future...

Oh, also "The videos will wirelessly stream to the iPhone over either Wi-Fi or EDGE networks"

WiFi? That comes on the T-Mobile smartphone and the Iphone, but not the Q.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20070620/bs_nf/53181;_ylt=AsRcu.5MtUJHgmO7xs2jBYoN7YV4
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

perhaps the Q is just not the phone for you...
  3. extremum

extremum New Member

Compared with the Q, the iPhone costs 2.5x more (retail) w/o contract, and 6x - 8x more with a 2-year contract. The iPhone better do a whole lot more, than be YouTube capable.
  4. Benso87

Benso87 New Member

Yeah, dude.... They're not even really the same thing. The iPhone seems to compete more with phones that have touch screens, like Treos. The Treo seems to have more capabilities than the Q, but that's fine with me.

But even with the iPhone coming out, I'd still chose Treo between the two, because those have buttons. :tounge:
  5. LE1010

LE1010 New Member

Thank god someone else feels the same way I do about that phone. For the money I saved I can get a sprint mobile broadband card for my laptop, and be wwwwaaaaaayyyyy more productive than the gimmick Phone, and I'll have you tube too.
  6. Guerrilla

Guerrilla New Member

I never felt the need to download a YouTube video, ever, but to each their own. The iPhone is also locked, so even with any special capabilities it may have over the Q I'd rather have a smartphone that we can develop software for and customize. It's just so expensive, too. Analysts are saying half the iPhone's price will be pure profit, that's outrageous for a gimmick.
  7. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

Really? That's the first thing people ask you? Odd...
    The first question I usually get is "you get your email on this thing?" -ya "And the internet, too, right?" -of course.
    I've never had anyone ask about YouTube. Guess we run in different circles. ;)