YouTube on Q

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by mcmikey420, Jul 6, 2006.

1. SamS

SamS New Member

amen :thumbup:
  2. Ranger2134

Ranger2134 New Member

still won't work

Youtube videos still won't work after installing.
  3. inconspicuous_jesus

inconspicuous_jesus New Member

yeah agreed

Macs aren't one millionth as usefull as a pc. any1 with 1/2 a brain can work a pc, but even a rock can operate a mac. all you have 2 do 2 turn them off is open a program. I wouldn't ever thinnk about buying some1 a mac (not even if i hate them) its beyond torture...its hell:angry:
  4. versifiervt

versifiervt New Member

MAC Haterz

I used to be a PC lover....building gaming machines mainly. The last PC I ever had(2004) ran flawlessly -- but only because I took care of it ---> cleaned it up every so often with whatever spamware programs was out there. Always kept up with Windows Updates. Always defragmented every month or so. Always cleaned caches and other temp folders. Always had the latest virus definitions....etc. That machine was rock solid. But once my itch for gaming finally ceased, I really had no reason to continually upgrade the hardware -- vid card, motherboard, memory, IDE cables, drives....etc. Nor did I want to deal with having to keep the OS and other software current so to avoid any future disastor. So what did I do? I jumped ship over to Apple. I've had two since. The first was an ibook which I eventually gave to my girlfriend when her IBM notebook died for good(after 5 years of use). I currently use a power book(G4) since last year. Both still run(knock on wood). I too understand how MAC owners can be a little smug when it comes their "mac pride". But I won't sit here and not acknowledge that they're pretty much 99.9 % right when they do boast about OS X. Just like how people who've only used Windows all their lives are 99.9% right when it comes to their complaines about the Windows family of products.

Here's how i see it....there aren't too many people like me who went out of their way to make sure their PC runs as smooth as a whistle. Most gamerz do, but that huge percentage of Windows users in the world aren't gamers. Lotz of'em complain so, so much but fear making switch over to OS X because of ammo that windows lovers throw out there...."can't do this, can't do that....blah, blah, blah."

If all those windows users out there who simply use computers to do email, browse the net, shop online, burn CDs....etc.....if they all knew they can all do the same stuff on the MAC and still share files with Windows users....then there's be a mass exodus from the windows world. Problem is, people are intimidated. Their used to what's been shoved down their throats since the beginning, when awful decision making was made on the apple side that eventually led to world domination by Microsoft. The world wasn't ready for an "apple" world back personal home computing was introduced, but the world is more than ready now. Unfortunately, change instills fear in most people. Fear comes from the lack of knowledge on a certain matter.....but in this case, ignorance sure isn't bliss for average PC users.

See in most cases in life, when you have something that doesn't work quite like it should.....you normally give it up once you know something is out there that works like you expect it too. You can come up with a number of examples here. If I recently bought a universal remote for my entertainment system and it worked fine for a few months, but then slowly, but surely, it started to have problems like I keep on having to re-input frequency codes for one of the sources(TV, REceiver..etc.) then A) I'd call tech support, B) See if I can have it replaced for free or C) eventually do more research on the defective product and other similar products. If I end up at C) here and have to go out and buy a new remote from a different manufacturer where all the reviews were great, then I'd go and buy that new one once I have enough cash saved up.

Microsoft has gotten away with the greatest scam in the business world over the past 10 years. They've got the 'average' users believing they have no choices in operating systems. Average users really believe that MACs would have them lost in a world they'd rather not explore. My first question to the average PC user is:

"How in the hell are we MAC users communicating with you if stuff don't work right???" And my second question would be "Since I'm a MAC user and if all this negative talk on Apple machines are all so true, then why don't I simply make the educated decision and go with the cheaper product?"

Now if we're all gonna act uneducated and go as far as to compare the IQ level of MAC users vs. Windows Users, I think Windows users comes off looking pretty dumb here. But again, I know what Windows is worth. It "can be" a strong OS with careful tweaking and constant attention to updates but the average user shouldn't have to deal with that. It should always be fine. I still havent' used a virus program on either of the MACs i've had(knock on wood). And yes I'm sure there have been issues, as well as crashing issues with OS X, BUT like many MAC users out there, I sit here today, able to say, "I'm glad I ain't one of those cats whoseOS X crashed or suffered a virus.....must've been a lemon out of the box."

Yeah, I know that if OS X was widely used, more than it is now, the probability of major virus issues would rise. I'll use a virus protection program at that time.

As for not being able to play video at full screen out of the box, I agree....this sux. But another myth about MACs is that computer buffs will have a hard time finding free software, like how easy it is in Windows.....FALSE. "Acquisitions X" is my answer to that.
  5. hypergolic

hypergolic New Member

What I'd really like is to read a discussion of WM5 flash players that will work on youtube.

Yet instead I'm reading a rehash of the (20 freakin year old!!!!) Mac vs. PC debate.

Nice job keeping things on topic, really.
  6. MrClean

MrClean New Member

Eh, something gets said, someones feelings get hurt and the next thing you know, you're thread has been hi-jacked. :laugh2:
  7. bret3d

bret3d New Member

New here, just got my Q 2 weeks ago. The only way I've been able to do it was through orb.com. They give you an interface and you can search through youtube and other online video and they transcode it for the windows media player for you. I just tried it now and it worked pretty well.

-Bret
  8. versifiervt

versifiervt New Member

iphone

This thread had a nice share of MAC bashing from what I could tell.

Anyway...anyone get to read about "deep fish", the browser being designed for WM5 that'll allow for whole web pages to be displayed as thumbnails, where the user can zoom in on the content they want to view on the web page? Pretty cool technology for a smartphone. Looks better though on the iPhone, where most people got to see that technology first.

So much being written about how iPhone probably won't be as big as Apple expects it to be, but then when you see how mobile phone companies are beginning to step up to the plate with so called "iPhone" competition, it seems that most reports of "iPhone" hype being just hype is way off base. I think the iPhone will be exactly what it's being suggested by Apple, as the "wave of the future". They won't replace the traditional business use type smartphones/PDA phones, though Apple would love to take a slice of that market, but it's obvious that their main target market would be the people who need entertainment media with them 24 hours a day which is a helluva lot of people.

But in keeping with the topic of this thread, regarding "full screen" youtube, maybe on the iPhone that might be more likely to happen...lol.

BTW, I am a MotoQ fanboy, and I dig the phone, but I've been in the market for a new ipod video...I thought I might as well give the iphone a try when it comes out.
  9. jojotj3

jojotj3 New Member

can you tell me how it works and how to download it to my q so i can watch the videos
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

why did this turn into a pc vs. mac discussion.. instead of doing that let's try to be constructive and see if it works or not.

so far, probably your best bet but in early stages in www.tinytube.net

i have Deepfish and you can not watch Youtube clips with it.