YouTube on Q

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by mcmikey420, Jul 6, 2006.

1. mcmikey420

mcmikey420 New Member

YouTube on Q

Has anyone found a way to watch the videos on YouTube.com? The site tells me that I need a flash player but I dont know if there is a mobile version available that will work or just a way to get around it. Im using the opera browser but just aint enough. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks!!
  2. Rhstevenson

Rhstevenson New Member

So many people have read your post but no answers yet! Does anyone have any idea how to get this to work? Please help us!
  3. mdsmith

mdsmith New Member

Flash issue

YouTube uses Flash.

I have tried installing Flash for Pocket PC with no success. When I visit the site, it says that I don't have the latest player.

My guess: YouTube requires the latest features in the latest flash player; those features have not yet been ported to the Pocket PC version.
  4. Rhstevenson

Rhstevenson New Member

I've found a way to download them to my computer and convert them into movies to play on the Q. That's the only way i've gotten around the lack of a flash player..
  5. poser99

poser99 New Member

Mac Ha Ha Ha

you can do it if you have a mac, i do it all the time, send me a pm if you want to know how to do it with a mac, :) thats why mac kix windows ass up and down the block
  6. swagner

swagner New Member

You have got to be kidding. You can do it on a PC too.
  7. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

Yeah, that's why Mac has something on the order of 2% market share. That's why you can't play Battlefield 2 on your Mac (or any other popular game). That's why you can't even access exchange servers for email via the web on a Mac because they only support IE browsers and IE is no longer supported on the Mac. That's why Mac has all but tossed in the towel and is now supporting the Windows operating system. This is the only way these "superior" machines will continue to survive... if they run Windows.

Yeah, those crazy Mac's... the best kept secret in computing! :wacko: They're so great no one uses them!

That being said, I'm going to buy a new Macbook here soon... just because I want to see how well XP runs on one. That's if they get past the SEROIUS over heating issues and battery fires.
  8. Rhstevenson

Rhstevenson New Member

What bothers me the most about the Mac culture is not the OS, computers, or hardware, but rather the snobbish I'm-better-than-you attitude.
  9. swagner

swagner New Member

Agreed... although we get the same thing from Q users and Treo users and BB users. I use both Mac and PC all the time. My PC is compatible with everything except my iSight camera. My Mac is far from it. I love them both for different reasons.
  10. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

Yeah, I have Mac's too... I have 3 PC's and a G4 Mac at home. I have several Mac's at work including a G5 that I use for testing. I enjoy using Mac's, but they're not nearly as useful or practical as PC's. With Mac's you're always making concessions.

Like you guys, I don't dislike Mac's as much as I do the snobs that think they are God's gift to computing. It's laughable at best. My favorite BS line from Mac users is that "Mac's never crash". LOL Umm, 56% of the bugs I log are Mac specific... and yes, they crash.
  11. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

right, "macs never crash"

Apple's best-kept secret:

_

Attached Files:

12. poser99

poser99 New Member

they dont

my mac never crashed b 4, never got that image on my screen, there probably is a way with windows, u should look arround for it.
  13. fuzsoccer

fuzsoccer New Member

most peoples reasoning for not getting a mac is that you can't run windows programs on it. well that in fact is a lie now because with boot camp you can now dual boot in either windows or mac. i love my mac
  14. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

Yes, you may dual boot... and as I said, the only way the Mac will survive is to become another Windows platform. The one thing that made recent Mac's unique was their OSX operating system. Well, since it's barely supported by 3 party vendors and because big business doesn't use Mac's... they have now adopted an Intel processor and allow them to now boot in XP. I guess if you just want a different look and to be unique for a few years until Mac's fully integrate XP/Vista, then I guess you're on top of the game.

Personally I need functionality over tendy case designs, unsupported operating systems and neat i-toy programs (music, photo's, etc.).

But the beauty of it all is that in the end, we have a choice. So, enjoy your Mac, I don't mean to detract from your apparent bliss in owning one.
  15. jorge386

jorge386 New Member

I downloaded the program but its saying I need the NET Compact Framework. How can I fix this?
  16. BittenToDeath

BittenToDeath New Member

The Only thing i can see myself using a Mac for is to record digital music with Pro Tools (but i think Cubase SX is better and that is on PC), doing movie editing, and throwing it off a very tall buliding to watch the screen shatter. That's all.
  17. Pellicle

Pellicle New Member

Flash player for YouTube

Has anyone tried the flash player preview for WM5 on Youtube?
  18. Gio

Gio New Member

yup, doesn't work. Any flash on a webpage needs to have a developer signature for it to work with the beta flash for IE on WM5.0. Without the signature the flash won't play. I've even tried installed opera browser too but it doesn't work on verizon Q I found that odd. There has to be some way to browse youtube. COMEON PEOPLE. LETS GET THOSE BRAINS A THINKING! :geek: Pretty please? ;_;
  19. cameljok

cameljok New Member

go here to get it (clicky)
  20. vaxick

vaxick New Member

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nice! I can't stand talking to Mac addicts because they always try to make OSX sound like it's the worlds most perfect OS. I've owned a PowerBook and now a MacBook. OSX is by no means any more stable than Windows XP. It's so pointless these days to say Apples are better than PC in some regards. It's just not true anymore at all. I don't even see why people lust over OSX so much. Sure, it looks "pretty", but it's no where near as configurable as Windows. There has yet to even be a freaking good video player out there for OSX and you have to pay for QuickTime!? That's absurd, it should be able to play full screen videos right out of the box just like Windows Media Player does and Windows Meida Player is 100% free. I'm praying for the day somebody makes a version of WinAmp for OSX.

Yes, I have a big issue right now because my MacBook has been nothing but a nightmare and Apple has not been kind at all about it. It's said when some random person tore apart his MacBook and found out why they got so freaking hot.