Youmail.com

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by rudeboy, Apr 1, 2008.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

Youmail.com

starting today (no april fools day joke) Scott and myself started testing voice-to-text with Youmail. just did my first tests and it works.

thanks to mbrevard who told us about it....
  2. srivard99

srivard99 New Member

Hopefully it's accurate and doesn't mishear words and type out the message all wrong. You would hate for a break-up voice mail to turn into a marriage proposal! :tounge:
  3. SithFish

SithFish New Member

Damn, not available for Alltel yet.
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

did you try the generic setup ?
  5. SithFish

SithFish New Member

Went to the YouMail site and when I enter my mobile # it states that it is unavailable with my carrier. Where would I find the generic setup?
  6. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

The generic setup is in referance to one's phone and not carrier I think, though I could be wrong. If it's not letting you sign up, I'm not sure there's anything you can do but wait until they start working with your number.
  7. FlipBumWalla

FlipBumWalla New Member

This kinda blows. Does anyone else have Sprint who is trying to mess with YouMail?

As a Sprint customer, you should be aware of the following:
    • Sprint charges 20c/minute to forward all calls, including those to YouMail.
    • Sprint does not allow its customers to forward their own unanswered calls, so instead you must contact Sprint customer service to enable this feature and forward your unanswered calls to YouMail.
    We understand this is less than ideal. Please choose an option from the following to continue:
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

and from their Marketing Director i got this:

9. bpaul24

bpaul24 New Member

Nice! Its a pretty slick service.
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

without a doubt...

potQ.
  11. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

I suppose before I go actually forwarding my calls to them, I should verify my account can forward calls for free. (With VZW on a gov./corp. account so not entirely sure and can't access online to check since my boss is the one in charge of it.) Judging from what I've read from others re this and callwave, I think I'm safe, but not sure if corp. accounts are set up differant. Guess I can find out tomorrow unless someone here can verify. I'll see what I can dig up from VZW's site as well in a bit.
  12. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

That was the main reason I had to let CallWave go. Because although Sprint will set this up for you they didn't tell me nor did CallWave tell me that Sprint would charge to forward calls.

I am still thinking about trying YouMail though because it allows for alot more personalization then CallWave did. Since I am now using my Q as my primary phone I think I might give it a whirl for at least 1 month and see how much extra it will cost me.
  13. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

smart move THR!, i know you'll dig it...

potQ.
  14. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Well after 2 hours and 3 tech support reps later I finally have Youmail set up. Dealing with Sprint techs who have no clue what you're talking about or how to set this up will be a real drawback for some. If the original tech hadn't disabled my voicemail the first time I would have given up and just left it alone! But since I had no voicemail at all I had to keep fighting with them to figure it out.

But so far so good. I like having the ability to set up different greetings for different contacts. The voice recognition system could use a little work, but Youmail enables you to give instant feedback on how close they were to the actual message that was left. Callwave just sent you a garbled text and you had to guess what the message was.

But for you Sprint users my advice to you is.......patience! Maybe you will get a tech support rep that knows what you're talking about but make sure you have them call you and test it out before hanging up the phone or you'll have another 30 or more minute wait.
  15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

bloody heck... why did you need the Sprint support ? i had it set up without even contacting my carrier (Verizon) within about 5 minutes.

and yea, Youmail.com has some neat features.. told ya :}
  16. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Unfortunately Sprint has to set this up for you. Youmail gives you the instructions and what to ask Sprint to turn on but when tech support is reading off of a list and they don't see specific instructions to do what you are asking then it gets hairy. Sprint for some reasons has to muddy the water on this too and make it alot harder than it should be!
  17. mbrevard

mbrevard New Member

Welcome To The Dark Side. HAHA. Thanks for the acknowledgement.
  18. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

no problemo... credit where credit is due.
  19. mbrevard

mbrevard New Member

I have been trying the text version sent to my email and it is really cool. I do not have a text plan so I have sent as an email. Most of the time it is really close. The ask "How did we do" and you can rate them and edit the text to the correct words. It is very neat.
  20. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yep... that was the only thing that kinda made hesitate.... but no more :}

i really dig it..

potQ.