You Tube

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by blueabyss, Dec 30, 2006.

1. blueabyss

blueabyss New Member

You Tube

Ok were either getting shafted or a free prostate exam with our data pkg.. My wife has a reg phone and can see you tube videos on it with get it now or something like that for 15$/month. We cant see them and we are paying an extra 50$/month.. This Sucks... Not that I am a big Utube fan but I would like to see some kind of video on my Q from the net for 50$/month.
  2. q-rocks

q-rocks New Member

You are confusing the data network with software on the phone, although the prostate exam holds true nonetheless. The data package simply allows you "unlimited" data transfer. The software on the phone is what drives what you can or can't do on the internet thru your phone. Our phone comes with a browser that just doesn't support certain web content. I think you can look thru these forums and find info on a browser that will play the videos you are talking about.
  3. claypoolio

claypoolio New Member

4. eaballer1987

eaballer1987 New Member

is there something else you have to do for this to work or should it automatically work on my q...whenever i try to opens either thme mp4 or avi file it says that thei file cannot be opened...
  5. Marvelous Merv

Marvelous Merv New Member

This is a great example of "When Business Device Meets the Consumer Market". The Q, and other smartphones are business-oriented first, which happen to offer third party applications that can provide access, though sometimes limited, to "entertainment". Sure, I get emails with YouTube links on my Q sent by friends - it would be nice if I could conveniently access them on my Q, but the fact that I can't neither suprises me, or is particularly upsetting to me...

If VCast was important to you, you should have gone with either a Razr or an LG V.
  6. Corvida

Corvida New Member

I completely agree with you Merv.

I think both phone makers and service providers should advertise what will and won't work for certain phones, so that problems like this can be avoided.
  7. Gadgetgeekman

Gadgetgeekman New Member

8. Corvida

Corvida New Member

I saw a link to this site on a facebook message board, but have yet to try it out. Has any given it a go?
  9. bpaul24

bpaul24 New Member

I tried a few clips. A few worked good. A few I could not get to load.