You tube on moto q

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by lx5.0, Feb 17, 2009.

1. lx5.0

lx5.0 New Member

You tube on moto q

i was wondering if anybody knew how to view youtube videos on a moto q ive been reading other forums and tried to install some apps like tcmpm and some flash bundle but it still wont play everytime i click on a video i brings up windows media and it looks like its going to load it but then it says can not request video at this time. can someone help me out
  2. lx5.0

lx5.0 New Member

i found the sticky thread on here for you tube and downloaded the updated files but now when i go to you tube i pick video i want to watch it loads and it opens up tcmpm but nothing happens anybody anybody know whats wrong do i need to change some settings,
  3. nevergonnauseth

nevergonnauseth New Member

just download skyfire. it works amazing. even hulu.com works with it.
  4. sherri

sherri Active Member

Which phone/which os/ and do you have a data plan??
  5. lx5.0

lx5.0 New Member

i have the moto q from verizon fully flashed to cricket the version is 5.01 yes i have a data plan the internet works. before i installed updates it wouldnt do anything i would click on youtube try to watch a video and it would bring up windows media and then give me an error then i installled the updated i found on here and i gave me a new ie icon with video websites so noW that i log on and go to youtube it gives me the options to play video save video or link location so i click on play video and it loads up the tcmpc player but nothing happens then after a while sometimes it displays an error message CAN NOT OPEN URL anybody know whats going on.
  6. lx5.0

lx5.0 New Member

oh yeah and i tried to download skyfire but every time i try to launch it it keeps saying check flight mode acquiring data connection thats all it keeps saying
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

skyfire doesnt work on cricket
  8. sherri

sherri Active Member

This does. Since you are looking for YouTube and tried Skyfire, I am assuming you have a data plan. Follow these steps EXACTLY!!

The easiest install is directly to the device.

(1) Open internet explorer
    (2) Open browser address bar (in Internet Explorer, on the phone, click right soft key<menu<address bar)
    (3) type into address bar:

http://mq.roeiboot.com/apps/tcpmp.
    smartphone.0.72rc1.cab

(Type it without spaces...)

Install this to either the phone or storage card.

(4) Reboot phone (turn off and on again)

(5) Back to address bar
    (6) Type into address bar:

http://mq.roeiboot.com/apps/FlashVideoBundle.CAB

(7) Reboot phone

Hope this helps!
  9. lx5.0

lx5.0 New Member

i tried those steps exactly how it is and still same thing it loads up the player when i clik on vid then get that message can not open url
  10. sherri

sherri Active Member

After you re-boot the phone for the last time, there will now be a link for Video Sites put in your start up menu. Click on the YouTube link. This fix is for Pocket Internet Explorer only, so if you are using another browser, it will not work.

If you are in PIE, make sure you are going to the "full" You Tube siten, not the mobile site.
  11. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

maybe you need to go into file associations within tcpmp and check mark those files you want tcpmp to play?
  12. lx5.0

lx5.0 New Member

i am clicking the ie that says videos sites and pick you tube and still same thing i even looked into the file assc on tcmpc and highlighted all of them and still same here's a vid of the problem sorry about bad quality and lenght of video [​IMG]
  13. dereknags

dereknags New Member

Download and install vTap located at http://www.vtap.com - it will automatically detect your windows mobile version and download the appropriate version of vTap. This is a fantastic app for viewing all streaming videos, not just YouTube.

Good Luck.
  14. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

cant see the video while mobile....did you reboot after selecting all the file associations? maybe cricket doesnt like youtube?
  15. lx5.0

lx5.0 New Member

well i gave up on trying with the youtube and downloaded the vtap and it worked its almost the same its all the same videos as youtube thanks for the help :laugh2: