You Tube Frustration

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by cheermom126, Feb 16, 2008.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

no dll files
    they are cab files and must be installed....never unzip a cab file
  2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

I apologize for being the forum idiot here, but I am lost with this YouTube stuff. I have downloaded the files in the fourm referenced above to my laptop. What is the next step(s) for me? Do I transfer both of these files to my phone and then do something? What exactly do I need to do?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Tom
  3. sherri

sherri Active Member

Do It From The Phone!

I don't know about the other Q's. I have the original, with Verizon service. I am a COMPLETE IDIOT when it comes to this phone. However, I was able to get YouTube by doing this ON THE PHONE ITSELF, NO PC NEEDED!

Pull up your internet. In the address bar, enter everything in this step by step method. It is Rudeboys steps. He helped me do this months ago.

Rudeboys exact steps...
    1. download http://mq.roeiboot.com/apps/tcpmp.smartphone.0.72rc1.cab
    2. download http://mq.roeiboot.com/apps/FlashVideoBundle.CAB
    3. install both (if you install TCPMP on the storage card, you also need to install the FlashVideoBundle there, they need to be either both on the device, or both on the strorage card)
    4. power down Q, power up Q.
    5. done.

Make sure when you try to view Youtube videos, you are not in the mobile site. Scroll to bottom of page and click on full view (or something like that...)

Good Luck!
  4. ammabu

ammabu New Member

not working

Ok. Hello Everyone I am new to the board. I have been lurking for ahwile on this is site and finally decided to register and I am glad I did.

Now that the formalities are out of the way...

I have tried downloading the flash and tcpmp to my computer and I cant move the files to my q.

I also tried the to download direct from the q which did work but when I tried to pay a youtube video, all I got was a long error message. Is there anyone that can tell me what I did wrong?

5. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

make sure your going to the classic version of youtube not mobile acroll down in youtube mobile and hit classic view
  6. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

you may need to reboot after install

also if you wish to save a tube video....

start TCPMP
    options
    settings
    file associations
    select flash video & mms protocol