Yet another thread about syncing problems

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Photojeep, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Photojeep

Photojeep New Member

Yet another thread about syncing problems

I'm new here so if this has been solved, please point me in the right direction...

My Q 9c has the Enable advanced network functionality unchecked...
    I have Vista Home Premium...
    I have Windows Mobile Device Center installed and updated...

I have tried connecting my moto while WMDC has been running-no sync
    I have tried connecting my moto to have WMDC detect it and launch itself-no sync

This by itself is very annoying but even stranger still is that while the main screen of WMDC says "not connected", I click on the connection settings link and the pop up window says device connected.

If I am connected, why am I not connected? If I am not connected, why am I connected? See my dilema? This is my second moto q9c since this exact problem happened with the first and motorola tech service told me it was defective and I returned it to Verizon. The exact same thing happens with my new one.

I have searched google and read more "fixes" for this problem than I thought possible but still no joy. Any ideas?

If it helps, I also have the WPD System Driver window almost everytime I boot up my computer.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Thanks in advance
    RB
  2. doulos

doulos New Member

If the same thing is happening with the new phone my guess is that the problem is somewhere other than with the phone. Have you tried another USB port on your computer? It could be a bad port. It could also be a Vista problem, but if so someone else will need to address it -- I have no experience with Vista.
  3. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

firewall off? have you updated vista?
  4. rkcoll1

rkcoll1 Member

I had to install RSDLite before Vista would recognize my Q. Can be found on rudeboys app page. Link is in his signature.
  5. Photojeep

Photojeep New Member

I have updated Vista and turned off the Windows and Norton firewalls yet it still shows on the main screen of Mobile Device Center as not connected while it shows device connected when I click the Mobile Device Settings.

I don't know what the RSDLite software is about so I haven't installed anything yet. It seems to be a flashing of my phone's innards but I don't know if it is my phone. Besides, I have manually installed about 150 contact names which I can't backup since I can't connect to my computer.

Has anyone else out there had this same problem? Specifically where MDC shows it as not connected while the Device Settings shows "device connected"?

I don't know if this has any bearing on this issue but my network settings link in control panel doesn't work. Well, it works but when I select it, it will take about 4-5 minutes to show anything then I cannot do anything else on that page.

Thank you all again.
    RB
  6. sherri

sherri Active Member

If you have a data plan, you can back up your contacts with Dashwire......then go from there......
  7. Photojeep

Photojeep New Member

Nope, no data plan. I just got this model because I was supposed to be able to sync it to my computer and keep calendar and contact stuff updated between them.

Thank you though.
    rb
  8. smartbob

smartbob New Member

9. Photojeep

Photojeep New Member

smartbob,
    As it turns out, somehow my Vista operating system became corrupted and I had to re-install it (along with all of my software) and everything works like a charm.

I actually did this about 3 months ago. Sorry for not updating the thread.

Randy