yet another gmail issue

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by b8b, Jun 11, 2007.

1. b8b

b8b New Member

OK, so I've followed the instructions HERE and am working to get the gmail app running, will keep you posted. I wish they would state which JVM is better, there appears to be an alternative
  2. b8b

b8b New Member

Problem is on 1x it takes forever to go through 1500+ emails, so it doesn't work for me and kills the battery.

GMAIL APP: So it took me a LOOONG time and bunches of searching, so maybe this makes it easier for someone else, but I like the instructions located at the bottom of this page: http://www.qusers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6456&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

I have the Gmail app working, it's SWEET. However, my original goal of being able to synchronize messaging (mark read one place, marked read all) and use the native messaging on the Q so I can get message notification, use predictive entry, etc. remain elusive. Gmail does NOT do IMAP. I will likely puruse over the air synching with active synch and have Outlook download Gmail pop, but even then I will not have messages marked read for the web interface. So the search continues and the Gmail app will do nicely in the mean time...
  3. b8b

b8b New Member

SO the Gmail app is nice, but since it does not run natively onthe Q, you can't switch to it, so if you go to another screen, you just lost your place. Also, seems a bit buggy on the Q JVM emulator, sometimes when I hit the backspace it goes to the last app you were in. Last, and most importantly, it appears that you can only send to contacts withing gmail, so I click to and it re-downloads it every time (there's tons in mine, been using it for more than 3 years) yet I can never find the people I am looking for and it doesn't appear to allow me to input the email address manually. So I guess I am still searching for a solution. Anyone have any ideas?? Does this Good thing (sprint) cost?