yes its sycing again

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by jmd, May 16, 2009.

1. jmd

jmd New Member

yes its sycing again

i know you guys prolly get sick of syncing threads, but i just can't find the answer

i just got a motoq 9c off ebay, brand new in box. but it did not come with the software cd. np i'll just download it off the internet.

well i can't! i've downlaoded the 64 bit and the 32 and when i do nothing happens. no set up wizards and i can't find the file on my comp. when i plug my phone in with a usb cord, NOTHING happens!! a little balloon shows up in the corner saying device loaded sucsessfully or something like that and thats it.

and i thought it came with the microsoft task launcher? if it did i can't find it, and if it didn't i need to know and i'll download it.

ps i know absolutly nothing about these high tech phone but i need one for buissness so please help!! in plain term or i won't understand what you mean.

thanks

jeanine
  2. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

did u try going to start...connections...usb to pc...and either checking or unchecking advanced network...reboot q...try again?
  3. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

what did you download? Active sync for XP or windows mobile device center for Vista?
  4. jmd

jmd New Member

windows mobile for vista and no i havent done the connections thing....but will now.

the owners manuel sucks it don't tell you anything!

hey i found the documents to go!
  5. jmd

jmd New Member

ok, the "enable advanced network functionality" butten was already checked in connections, usb to pc
  6. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

ok...did you try unchecking and rebooting q?
  7. jmd

jmd New Member

IT worked!!!! well kinda, it was working great and a message came up on my phone that said cannot connect to the proxy server. contact your network administration.

whats that mean?
  8. jmd

jmd New Member

oh and before i did all that i installed a free driver thing i saw on one of the google advirtizments on this page, din't know if that had anything to do with it or not
  9. jmd

jmd New Member

no it didn't work, i was able to set it up but nothing actually synced :(
  10. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

you have outlook on pc? It's not built in to Vista. Still should be able to sync pics/vids & install apps
  11. jmd

jmd New Member

no i have windows mail on my pc. and i use a differant email for the windows mail than the one i have set up on my phone. reason being, i have a trash service and my hotmail addy is what i get emails on but its not suported anymore so i had to get a live addy to set up the windows mail. the only reason i set up windows mail is because i needed that to send invoices through peachtree accounting.

thanks
  12. jmd

jmd New Member

update, i was able to download a song off my pc to my phone. still giving me the cannot conect to proxy message everytime i plug it in though

ps, do you sync files from your pc or do you put them on a memory card and then put them on your phone?