Yay for PDAnet.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by gorgarath, Jun 13, 2008.

1. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

Yay for PDAnet.

Heading on an unexpected trip to the beach for the weekend. Wife asked me when I got home from work, so cleared it with my Dad who's down there for the next week.
    So now I'm gonna have a nice little test for PDAnet when I go out on the pier to relax. Might use it at the house too if the guy 3 houses down doesn't have the wifi on and open still.
    Q,Pot
  2. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

On a side note, yay for Chic-Fil-A, which is where we stopped for dinner allowng me to check the forums.
    Q,Pot
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

YAY for the Q! :tounge:

what beach are you heading too!
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

have fun dude..

potQ.
  5. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

Ocean City, MD. Parents have a beach house halfway between there and Asetique (horribly misspelled) Island.
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

sounds like fun!!
    havent been down there for a vacation in a long while

have fun!
  7. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

Well, looks like the guy's not down here, so gonna be using PDAnet for the whole weekend it seems. So far, not too bad. Site seems to load a tad slow, and I've lost connection twice, but I'm sitting in a bad spot right now. Need to move closer to the window I think and I should be good. Windows is showing a 2.4Mbs connection though. So we'll see how it works when I get over closer to the window and try to play some SecondLife tomorrow.
  8. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

I have to say, I'm quite pleased with PDAnet! This works great! I can even play SecondLife with the connection it gives me down at the beach. And the fact I've essentially gotten it for free is excellent too. Mentioned it to my boss and he's like, you have a reciept for it so I can get you re-imbursed. Man, I wish I could figure out excuses for the other software I want that make them "business related". *lol*
  9. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Hey gorg! The beach sounds fun! I'll be beaching it also in 10 days...can't wait! Good luck with everything!

...i finally had to delete my "gorg" file! It was HUGE and collecting dust so had to let her go!! You still trying? :smile:
  10. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

hehe, I still want to get custom wait cursors working on WM6, but haven't sat down with it yet. Prolly start working on it again after the baby is born.
  11. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

yup...sounds like a better time!