Yahoo Y-go 3.0 Beta

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by thlionsden, Feb 14, 2008.

1. JAH Bless

JAH Bless New Member

has anyone been able to find the Adress Book Sync on 3.0? I tried like hell and couldn't find it. If i try to compose mail i can search my contacts, but i need to find the sync function. Had to do a hard reset and i need to get my contact back. I don't have outlook (only outlook express:thumbdown) so i've been relying on yahoo. Just d/l 3.0 and i can't find the "sync now" function. Thanks in advance.
  2. sniffs

sniffs New Member

when I use IE on my moto Q9h, Yahoo! Go is saying it's an AT&T 8525 and downloads the pocketPC version which doesnt work..

when I use Opera (built in), it recognizes it correctly but when downloading, it constantly stops/resumes and eventually corrupts the download.. does ANY have the cab file for the Moto Q9h for Yahoo! Go 3 beta???? plllllllllllease..
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

why not use a PC to download the file?
  4. sniffs

sniffs New Member

where? I've searched all over their site and all I can find is a download link, and the SMS link.. I've clicked/searched all over the place on their site.. cant seem to find a DL link..
  5. n99hockey

why not have them send you the link in an SMS rather than type the address in IE
    i dont see a PC download either i thought there might be one
  6. sniffs

sniffs New Member

I've tried that also.. when I click the link in the SMS, it's opening Opera (which has that corrupt download) and if I unselect to make Opera the default, it'll open IE but recognize it as an 8525 lol..
  7. n99hockey

thats a tough one....
  8. sniffs

sniffs New Member

Anyone got the cab file??? email tfoster802002 at yahoo dot com

:laugh2: :laugh2:
  9. stride8

stride8 New Member

i downloaded yahoo go 3.0 but when i try to sign in it gives me an error stating to check my data connectivity settings.. does this have anything to do with java? i have a moto q9c with sprint..your help is appreciated
  10. thlionsden

thlionsden New Member

well, I only got as far as the beta version, when I encountered that problem it was sporadic (more failures than successes). I have however bailed on my moto and moved to the instinct. And for the record, it is a 50/50 swap. Moto is faster on the internet than instinct, but not as capable, moto works more like a pc (file management and such) and is easier for me to use, but instinct's touch pad and canned selection/menu is 90% effective (I miss the other 10% that moto allowed.) Anyway, I was never able to get around the connectivity problem, sprint told me it was my device, moto support told me it was Sprint.. go figure. Good luck.

11. stride8

stride8 New Member

I may have figured it out.. i downloaded the java emulator app and now its working fine..so you like th Instinct? I'm getting my wife one when they become available again in my area..things are flying off the shelves
  12. thlionsden

thlionsden New Member

IT really is a toss up.. the moto is a lot easier to type on... the buttons are so much better than the touch screen. But the Instinct does a little more.. I'd let her play with one first.. .... I had a 30 day trial period and I almost took it back, but it is growing on me.. I miss the sync with outlook too.. that is nice on moto and not on instinct.

I never knew how to download the apps and stuff to fix my moto, it probably would have worked better for me, If I knew what I was doing with it.

Or hey, I could sell you my moto for her !! got the dock, the cables, a case, charger, etc.... get you the whole package cheap...

13. stride8

stride8 New Member

thanks for the offer but my wife is sold on the Instict..Shes more about the flashy/fancy style instead of functionality..send me an e-mail regarding the moto if you have some pic of the phone that would be cool also.. Thanks