yahoo web mail

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by rudeboy, Feb 7, 2007.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yahoo web mail

i have an issue with Yahoo web mail (not pop).. don't even ask but since this morning i (also) have Yahoo web mail. i can access it fine from my pc, but when i go to try and login on the Q i get "Error, The remote party has ended this connection" why ?

thanks
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

c'mon guys.... help a rudeboy out here :}
  3. Skipper

Skipper New Member

not exactly sure if this helps, but I was using internet explorer to check my yahoo mail, but I found Yahoo!go and its much better. If you dont already have it, its a program .CAB that installs and automatically checks for emails and sends them to your message center.

http://sites.mobile.yahoo.com/go/mobile/download?download=smartphone

Again, not sure if this is the program you were having issues with, but if not, it might help.
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

hmz, looks like a neat little program.

and no, the problem i have (and maybe still have but i now do it differently) is that if i go to mail.yahoo.com on the Q it gives me an error (the one mentions in the 1st post), so then i just tried going to www.yahoo.com and go from there, that works.

but i will check this program out for sure, are you using it ?
  5. Skipper

Skipper New Member

I am using it, but i just started this morning. still trying to get it to a point where i dont have to keep restarting the connection to get the email to send to my Q automatically. it honestly does look promising though.
  6. trent_duke

trent_duke New Member

You have to set it to "auto" and do not close the "YConnection" in your task manager. I found the mail aspect to sometimes be a drag and not in a timely fashion i.e. every hour, as it is suppose to. So I unchecked my mail and still sync contacts, pics, tasks. I opened a pop3 yahoo account and set up my mail that way. All my email gets pulled every hour where as with Go it sometimes would just sit there despite doing a send/receive.

Trent
  7. Skipper

Skipper New Member

Ok, I guess my biggest fear was letting Yahoo run in the background of everything all day. Yes, it should get my email, but wont it drain the battery like it does when you leave internet explorer open?
  8. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

this looks like a cool little program...thanks!!
  9. trent_duke

trent_duke New Member

I would "kill all but..." the YConnection and I got decent battery. Remember it is only pulling every hour. Also, do not set the connection to "permanent" rather "when needed" then select auto. You can only go into the Connection settings after a connect to change the settings.

Since I pull my yahoo via pop, for GO I do a manual connect when I need to back new contacts, etc. up.

HTH

Trent
  10. Skipper

Skipper New Member

ok then I guess the only question I have is this:
    whats the difference between setting the connect mode to "AUTO," and setting the connect mode to "Manual" but then turning on AUTO CONNECT?

'auto' connect mode and auto connect sound about the same to me. But in Manual with Auto connect turned on, you can change your interval to every 5 minutes! I wish there was a guide for this program. Perhaps Ill go back and see if i can find one on yahoo.

Thanks for the help guys!
  11. bsroll

bsroll New Member

Still need help

I have read what all was here but still have the issue of not receiving my emails on the phone. I am using the yahoo.CAB. My calender and all others sync but not my emails. Any idea's how to fix this?
  12. Skipper

Skipper New Member

From what i understand is the most important thing to do is never kill Yconnections in your task manager. so what you might try is this:
    first, go to the actual yahoo program. then click menu, then click Y! Connections. There you will see either Restart connection, Connect now, Or disconnect, or something. you want to be connected so you click restart connection or connect, or whatever it may be. then, click menu again and click Y! connections then click status. the status will tell you if its connected, connecting, or disconnected. (this is just to make sure you are connected, if you are not, click connect)

then just press the end key until you get to your home screen. Go to your task manager and scroll down to Y!Connections. Click menu and kill all but selected. from there, just make sure you keep Y!connections open at all times.

Next, go to the yahoo program again and click menu > Settings > Connections. Make sure internet connection is set to When needed, and connect mode is set to AUTO.

............... exhale.............

let me know if that works.:wink:
  13. bsroll

bsroll New Member

Thank You. It said that my connection was successful but still not getting my email. My calender and photo's are syncing but just not the email
  14. Beezoboy

Beezoboy New Member

To get to Yahoo Mail for Smartphones it is:

wap.oa.yahoo.com

That one always works for me.

Beez