Yahoo Messenger

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by blueabyss, Nov 3, 2006.

1. blueabyss

blueabyss New Member

Yahoo Messenger

Is there any program that will let you run yahoo messenger that does not include the other messengers. I dont need MSN AIM or anything else.. I just want Yahoo IM.:angry:

Blueabyss
  2. vtx1300rider@comcast.net

vtx1300rider@comcast.net New Member

The only one I am aware of is Yahoo Go, it has messenger but also has the other Yahoo links like sports, weather, news and the like. I have it because of that plus all the other stuff like stocks, financial news, games. I also use it for Yahoo Business mail. You might check with Yahoo as they are really starting to support the mobile community.

Jesse
  3. blueabyss

blueabyss New Member

Where do you get yahoo go?
  4. vtx1300rider@comcast.net

You can get it from the Yahoo web site or i can send you the cab file, its 1.5 megs. Has a lot of cool stuff. Checks your mail on any schedule you want. I just forwarded my other mail accounts to my yahoo account and it all ends up in my Q, that way I don't have to leave my home computer on when I am away for push mail. You can get it here http://mobile.yahoo.com/services?promote=mail

Jesse
  5. y_chromosome

y_chromosome New Member

I have downloaded and installed Yahoo Go!, but I'm unable to get it to install properly. I even did a hard reset and tried with nothing else in the machine - still no go! It gives me an alert - "Can't find 'YGo" (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available."

1) Did you have any difficulty installing?
    2) Did you go with the auto install, or did you install from the CAB file?
    3) Is there anywhere I can go that tells me what files are installed in which directories?

Thanks!
  6. vtx1300rider@comcast.net

1 - No, no problem on the install
    2 - Auto Install, but kept the .cab file as a backup
    3 - Don't know, I have a list of the files involved but not the install dir.

Mine installed first time and has worked fine with out any problems. I made sure active sync was connected and did the auto install. After it installs it saves a copy of the .cab file to your documents dir, I moved this to my storage card to save space. Hope this helps.

Jesse
  7. blueabyss

blueabyss New Member

This may sound silly but did you download it to your computer first or try to download it directly on the Q??? You need to download it on your computer and then plug your q into your computer with USB. The wizzard will guide you through it.. I actually uninstalled it because the screens were of poor quality.. Not impressed with it at all.

Chris
  8. loders

loders New Member

Actually, if you don't want the other features you can just register your phone number here:

http://mobile.yahoo.com/services?prop=messenger

There isn't a selection for the Motorola Q but I had it with my RAZR and it still worked on my Q when I upgraded. I use Yahoo Go! now since I want the email notification.

Rodel
  9. Backbone

Backbone New Member

Where is Messenger?

Jesse,

I am a very technical savy guy.....but...Where is messenger with Yahoo Go 2.0? I do not see the icon with the rest... Also, do you know the difference betweeen Yahoo GO and Yahoo Mobile? Evertytime I enter m.yahoo.com in my phone's browser i see "messenger info" but can't access it.
    Than You in advance.

10. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

yahoo go does not have messanger built in
  11. TheBigCheese

TheBigCheese New Member

Yahoo GO has messenger? When did they add it? I downloaded it a week ago and it didn't have it then. How well does it work?
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i have like most Yahoo Go v2.0 and i don't see a messenger in it...
  13. sunpod

sunpod New Member

So, can you get Yahoo IM?? Is it a different download or something??
  14. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

there is no stand-alone yahoo IM

you have to use either
    Mundu
    Agile Messanger
    IM+
    or
    Octro

these programs incorporate all IM programs