yahoo mail

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by bamaboy, May 18, 2007.

1. bamaboy

bamaboy New Member

yahoo mail

i pout the yahoo mail on my Q. it worked the first day. now i cant even log in. it just wont do anything. i put my name and password and it just repeats??????????????
  2. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

First, you need to have Yahoo Mail Plus.

What you will need:
    1. A Yahoo! Mail Plus account. If you have a regular Yahoo! Mail account, you can upgrade to Yahoo! Mail Plus for a fee. Get more information here.
    2. Turn on POP access in your Yahoo! Mail Plus account setup.
      • Log in to your Yahoo! Mail Plus account on a desktop computer browser and ensure that the POP access option is enabled. This option is located under Mail Options in the Mail Delivery Status page.
    Basic Email Settings for Yahoo! Mail Plus
    Incoming mail (POP3) server: pop.mail.yahoo.com
    Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com (use authentication, optionally use port 587)
    Account Name/Login Name: your Yahoo! Mail ID (your email address without the "@yahoo.com")

Now just make sure you have taken care of steps 1 and 2, then go through the mail setup wizard on your Q. Put these settings in EXACTLY as you see them here and it should work for you.
  3. UltimaBlade

UltimaBlade New Member

I experienced the same thing. For the first couple of tries it worked, my yahoo mail that is, but now it isnt? Any other solution other than getting Yahoo Mail Plus?
  4. tpipher1

tpipher1 New Member

I have Yahoo Plus and it has always worked GREAT for me.
  5. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

This is probably the most stress-free fix if you want yahoo mail to work on your Q. Other than that, you could always forward your yahoo mail to say, gmail or hotmail or some other free email service and get your messages that way. But again, sending emails is going to be hit and miss unless you upgrade to plus.
  6. pwernerjr

pwernerjr New Member

Yahoo to go 2.0

I have yahoo to go version 1.0 that works fine im waiting for yahoo to go 2.0 to come out it said on the web site that it should be out today for the Q I just went to the site still no dice
  7. gordymouw

gordymouw New Member

thanks

Thanks a million for your post

8. cbw20004

cbw20004 New Member

I have the newest version of Yahoo Go, and though a little clunky, I can access my yahoo email no problem. Point your browser to mobile.yahoo.com if you wish to download it to your Q.