Yahoo mail ?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by rudeboy, Apr 4, 2007.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

Yahoo mail ?

ok, don't even ask (not my idea :} my work email is also readable via Yahoo web mail, i don;t use it that much but like yesterday i had to take the afternoon off to visit the hospital w/ my 3 yr old and while waiting i wanted to read my email, logged into Yahoo and saw i had mail... but (yes there is usually a but) the message was cut-off halfway through the sentence..
    anyone experience this ?
    why would it happen ?
    (i can show a screenshot if need be)
    luckily it wasn't anything urgent but never the less not how it should be, could it be my PIE setting ?
  2. hanski9

hanski9 New Member

Were you on their mobile site, or www site?
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

their regular web site.. that is where i read the mail, when i go to the mobile.yahoo.com i don't see "old" messages.. plus under my Yahoo id i have my work email, not sure how to switch from one to another.
  4. hanski9

hanski9 New Member

Try http://us.m.yahoo.com That is a yahoo front page I use. If the mail is longer than one "mobile" page, I get "more.." link I can press to get the next "mobile" page of the mail. It may take a few clicks, but I can easily read through my web mail.
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

went there and tried, but as i tried to explain in my previous post i have Yahoo plus my work email address under that, when i go to Yahoo.com w/ my laptop i can switch between the 2, but i am unable to do that on the mobile Yahoo site.
  6. hanski9

hanski9 New Member

Missed the Plus...then I guess I'm no help. I find it interesting how many people want to pay Yahoo for their e-mail just so it can go POP. :laugh2: (I know, company thing).
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

like i tried to say.. it was definitely not my idea, and to make matters worse the guy before me also hosts our co. web site there.

ok, anyone else who might know a fix ?
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i have emailed Yahoo today.. since it still doesn't work (it does on my laptop but not on the Q.. which is weird i think :}

hopefully i will have an answer/solution quick.
  9. mrtune

mrtune New Member

If you have yahoo plus, then you don't need to goto the website. Have your phone download your messages directly via pop access. Faster and easier than logging onto their site via PIE. I've never had a message cutoff.
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

well here is the thing (i know little of Yahoo and how they function since i always stayed away from it :} by "plus" do you mean do we pay ? in that case the answer would be yes, we (my boss) pays and we host our web site there.

secondly; if i poll for one of the 2 accounts i have (one yahoo id account + my work email account) would i receive both, not so sure if i want to d/l all the spam i receive on a daily basis)

ps. Yahoo support did not yet respond... sent email 2 days ago.
  11. mrtune

mrtune New Member

The spam folder in yahoo doesn't sync, only the inbox. So all the email that gets flagged as spam won't ever reach the q.

I don't use a secondary account with yahoo, so I can't really comment on that.
  12. mrtune

mrtune New Member

Easy. I've had a free yahoo email account for a long time. The q (my first pda/phone) I picked up last month. Made more sense to pay the small fee ($20 per year) and upgrade my email than to have to switch to a new account with someone like hotmail or google. I'm sure there's many more out there like me.
  13. fshakouri74

fshakouri74 New Member

I did the same and paid the money to yahoo.

I wish I could just sync my emails and view all my folders as I do online. On my phone I only see the inbox folder. Anyone know how to fix this so I can see all my created folders?