Yahoo Mail Messaging

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by hecubusq, Apr 2, 2007.

1. hecubusq

hecubusq New Member

Yahoo Mail Messaging

Hello,

I looked on the forum but didn't see this problem specifically.

I am having a problem with Yahoo Mail messaging on my Sprint Q. My Hotmail set up just fine, but for some reason when I set up my Yahoo mail, following the step-by-step instructions in the manual, it just doesn't seem to work.

When I try to log in to the Yahoo account (after I've set it up), it always asks me for my password (even though I checked the "save password' box), it connects for a few seconds, as if it's accessing my mail, then it goes back to the log/pass screen again, and I have to re-input my password. This happens over and over and over but I never get to see my mail.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks for any help.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i dont believe you can access your email via yahoo in the pop3 account unless you have the pop3 option that you pay for in yahoo. you have to use the internet explorer or try find yahoo2go version 1 that works with the Q.
  3. hecubusq

hecubusq New Member

That probably explains it then. I'll just wait for Yahoo2Go 2.0 because I tried 1.0 and I had difficulty accessing my mail through that as well--could be the same issue. Oh well, probably just continue using webmail to get my yahoo mail then I suppose.

Thanks
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

sure thing...that is most likely the case...hopefully 2.0 will be out soon!