Yahoo IMAP

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by rudeboy, Sep 12, 2007.

1. iannuzzi4

iannuzzi4 New Member

I am getting the same problem as somone else that it tries to connect and then keeps asking for my password. It is extremely frustrating. I can use yahoo mail through PIE but it defeats the purpose of putting email addresses with your contacts. Anyone else know how to fix it for yahoo? I tried setting it up automatically and also manually and I keep getting this pop up for my password. Help! I got it to workt he other day for like a day and then later in the day it started again with this password nonsense. Any ideas?
  2. regression

regression New Member

The only thing I can suggest is paying the $20 a year so you can get POP3 access? Wish I could help more...
  3. regression

regression New Member

An update....

After working for a day, now when I check my Yahoo Mail via IMAP, I am constantly being asked for a password. So looks like I'm broken again.
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

update from me...

still works BUT all the mail received by my phone comes in as already being read... with as consequence that i do not get notified of new mail.
  5. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Day 3 for me and not being prompted for password and actually had email (yahoo is not my primary email address). So far so good for me. But again, I'm using the free account and I don't sync with a work pc or anything.
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

sweet.... now get your behind (and the rest) over to the thread where i tell and show you a screen in put together for our female Q'ers..

shht.. go :}
  7. milamaxxx

milamaxxx New Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Yahoo 2.0 sux!! I loved being able to have my emails sent to my Q and that ended with 2.0. It's basically useless to me. So, thanx again for the IMAP4 instructions!!
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yea, it's pretty weird & funny (+ sad) that even Yahoo rep's have no clue...