Yahoo Go! vs. Yahoo Plus email

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by jherm, Jan 11, 2007.

1. jherm

jherm New Member

Yahoo Go! vs. Yahoo Plus email

In regards to use with the Q, what are the differences between Yahoo Go! and Yahoo plus email? I believe they both push email to the Q and it will appear on the home screen. Is there anything that one of them can do with the Q that the other cannot?
  2. Marvelous Merv

Marvelous Merv New Member

Unless you already download Yahoo Go, your only option on the Q right now is Yahoo Plus, which is simply a pop email system - it doesn't push. The new Yahoo Go 2.0 isn't available for WM5 and they discontinued access to the cab file for the previous version.

I played around with Yahoo Go for a couple of days, but didn't want a Yahoo-centric experience on my Q, so I uninstalled it and simply went with Yahoo Plus using the built-in resident email client. If and when Yahoo Go 2.0 is available for the Q, and if it provides true push email I will give it a try again. I don't think the first iteration of Yahoo Go provided TRUE push email - I have read posters on other strings say that it did, but I think I recall a setting up polling frequency as I did the Yahoo Go install, which is not push.
  3. trent_duke

trent_duke New Member

Yahoo Go is not push meaning instant. It pulls every hour or you can do it manually anytime you like.

Hoping us Qers get the 2.0 regardless of push capabilities.

Trent