Yahoo Go v. Mail Plus

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by trent_duke, Feb 1, 2007.

1. trent_duke

trent_duke New Member

Yahoo Go v. Mail Plus

I have Yahoo Go which gets emails sent to my phone every hour. However, sometimes my emails just sit in my yahoo account for hours before being sent despite a manual send and receive. Today I received emails that were 12 plus hours later.

I noticed that I can set up Yahoo Mail Plus. Any using such? Is it pull or push email? Anything I or one should know about setting it up as the settings seemed confusing? And how reliable is it? If good, I might pay for a yahoo pop account.

Thanks,

Trent
  2. jqwhite

jqwhite New Member

This is my first post on this forum, but I will be happy to field this question. I have yahoo mail plus. It is only $19.99 for the year and the first 30 Days it is a free trial period. I too had the same problem with the yahoo.go and getting my mail. Once I used the plus feature, all my mail came in a timely mannor and I didn't miss any when I use the send/receive like I use too.
    In my opion it is worth the 20 bucks, plus now I can use yahoo in thunderbird as well.
    hope this helps
    -Jay_
  3. trent_duke

trent_duke New Member

Thanks for replying and nice to get an answer from someone who is actually using and can compare to Yahoo Go. Did you uninstall Go? I like the fact that it syncs my calendar, pictures, tasks, contacts, etc back and forth. Is that still an option with the pop account or how does that work if so?

Trent

I am planning on signing and taking the trial period as you suggested but just wanted some feedback from someone.