Yahoo Go(ne)

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by carlg, Apr 12, 2007.

1. carlg

carlg New Member

Yahoo Go(ne)

Could someone help me? Just attempted to install Yahoo Go Mobile onto my Q. I used the Q to install the .cab file, followed all the prompts, and actually had the YG home screen up on the device. But when I clicked on one of the menu items,such as 'movies' for instance, I immediately got an error message saying,in effect, 'can't find movie .cab file or one of it's components'. (thats the gist of EC). I've tried re-instaling a couple of times, but same thing. Can anyone offer suggestions? Or do you need to go to the PC to install?
    Thanks, as always
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

im assuming you have a copy of version 1.0...
    when you have re-installed it did you uninstall and soft reset the phone before try to install again? if not you should give that a shot...
  3. kalina

kalina New Member

You have it...

Everytime I go to the site, they say not yet available for the Q. Could you send the *.cab to me?

4. carlg

carlg New Member

took advice

Followed your advice on the re-install. Went to the file manager, deleted the previous version, did the soft reset, reinstalled the app. The prompts indicated the install was successful. also indicated the connection to the internet was successful as well. When I went to the y-go home menu and clicked, got the same error code as before. Indicated that it couldn't 'find' the file. Maybe I'm just not destined to have this.
    Thanks for the quick reply