Yahoo Go Mobile Email system question

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by cliffling, May 23, 2007.

1. kholdstare

kholdstare New Member

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]USER ID: MemberID@sbcglobal.net[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Incoming: pop.att.yahoo.com[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Outgoing: s[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]mtp.att.yahoo.com[/SIZE][/FONT]

Incoming mail server: POP3
    Outgoing mail server: Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
    Incoming mail port #: 995, secure connection (SSL) checked
    Outgoing mail port #: 465, secure connection (SSL) checked

These are the settings to set up pop3 and smtp for your yahoo account if you have their internet or pay for pop access.
  2. robinutah

robinutah New Member

pop access vs yhoo go access

good info.. but i'm able to get pop to work. i want to get yahoo go to work so i have access to all my yahoo folders, not just the inbox. i have a few different folders for sorting rules.. My inbox only gets about 1/4 of my new emails.
  3. robinutah

robinutah New Member

email and attachmnt on storage card

i just tried reverting email and attachment folders back to main memory and yahoo go still won't dload new emails.
  4. schism

schism New Member

I installed 1.0 a few weeks ago and I have not received any new emails since. I have no problems sending, it just won't get any new ones. I tried checking with Yahoo, but I got no where trading emails with their tech support.
    I know its easy enough to check it through the web, but since the phone has the ability to automatically d/l them, it would be nice to use it.
    Maybe 2.0 will fix it. Though who knows when that's going to come out.
  5. robinutah

robinutah New Member

master reset

i tried a master reset and the behavior is the same. email will download once after the initial install, but then no more new emails. again, everything else syncs fine, like calendar and contacts. also, i'm able to send emails. weird.
  6. schism

schism New Member

Weird. I grabbed my phone this morning and it said Yahoo!(5). Somehow it actually received all the emails I was sent overnight. Of course, i've sent a bunch of tests to my yahoo account this morning and none have been received by the Q. I don't get what's going on with this service....