Yahoo Go Mobile Email system question

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by cliffling, May 23, 2007.

1. cliffling

cliffling New Member

Yahoo Go Mobile Email system question

Yahoo go mobile is a download application on the phone, right?

Question is: how does this work? I'm having a number of issues with it working as normal (ie, my yahoo account is wanting to download all 5002 messages in my yahoo email account regardless of me telling it to only get the last 3 days worth of emails).

Do Yahoo email users recommend this Yahoo Go Mobile program?

Thanks,

Cliff
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

nah i was checking earlier...V2.0 isnt out yet for the Q
  4. BobDallas

BobDallas New Member

N99Hockey, you seem to know about this infernal machine. Why doesn't my Yahoo Email send? I've wiped it out at least 3 times, started over, put the info in, good enough to receive. But they just stall out and die in the Outbox and am unable to send anything. Do you think this 2.0 could be the answer??
  5. igotaq

igotaq New Member

just curious.. are you with verizon or sprint?
    They both have smtp server you can use to send outgoing emails. Y not use that?
  6. n99hockey

you need the pop service that you pay for to setup the yahoo pop account...
    yahoo 2.0 isnt out yet for the Q
  7. BobDallas

BobDallas New Member

I'm with Sprint. Thank's for the info, I"ll try to contact Yahoo. FYI, I do use Y! Mail, but if I try to send a picture, etc, it sends me over to the Text/Outlook/Yahoo IMAP screen, would sure be a lot easier to have it work like it's supposed to. Again, thanks for the info, I"ll contact Yahoo again.
  8. n99hockey

you dont have to contact yahoo...they offer a pop service that you have to pay for...
    if you dont use that then you use there free webmail service....
  9. BobDallas

BobDallas New Member

OK, thanks. I do have the service required. I'm not clear about the POP part of it. When yahoo does its Auto Set up it defaults to IMAP4 in 'server type'. There is an option for POP3, I tried setting it up with that also, still didn't work. The account name automatically comes up YAHOO IMAP. So, I used both Server types with the same result.. later, in 'Incoming Server'. it defaults to imap.mail,yahoo.com so I am confused about POP3. Also, in some yahoo pages, it discusses tying yahoo email to outlook, and I can't do that, company email is in that one
  10. n99hockey

11. BobDallas

BobDallas New Member

Thanks. Your patience is appreciated
  12. n99hockey

surething...let us know how it goes....
  13. flipper9

flipper9 New Member

You can get Yahoo Go! Version 1 from here...

http://alpha.go.connect.yahoo.com/go/mobile

I use it all the time on my Moto Q (Sprint), and it allows me to seamlessly sync...
    • Yahoo Email
    • Yahoo Calendar
    • Yahoo Contacts
    • Yahoo Photos (take a picture on the Q, it automatically loads it to Yahoo Photos)
    • Yahoo Tasks
    You don't have to setup any IMAP or POP3, it does it all for you. It's really a killer app that makes your Q very useful! I am looking forward to Version 2.0 of GO!, but it's not ready as of yet. Version 1 works just fine for me.
  14. cliffling

cliffling New Member

On Flippers recommendation I have downloaded and installed the Yahoo Go Mobile program on my Q.

It's been installed for about 20 minutes and when I try to go to mail it still tells me that mail is being syncronized. That normal?
  15. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

I would say so, but if its taking, say an hour or more, then you can safely assume there are issues.
  16. betulike2know

betulike2know New Member

I have yahoo! Go version 20060817a on My Sprint Q right know ... I've had it know for two weeks and it works .... fine and syncs with the Q ... but I dont use it for outgoing mail ... so I dont know if there is a problem with sending email ... but I get all of my yahoo mail on the Q ....
  17. flipper9

flipper9 New Member

It can take an hour or two after you first install Yahoo Go! for it to synchronize everything the first time and get things setup. After a day, things will synchronize every hour, and sometimes faster if you are sending an email or make significant changes on your Q that would require faster sync.
  18. robinutah

robinutah New Member

yahoo go only downloads email once upon setup

i have yahoo go installed (version 1.0). upon setup, it syncs everything fine, downloads my email for last 3 days, syncs contacts, calendar. whenever i take a picture it asks if i want to add it to my yahoo pictures. i can send mail fine.

BUT, it will only download my email the very first time it syncs. after that, it does not download any incoming email into any folder. i can still send mail just fine. it still keeps contacts and calendar synced. just no new incoming email. i would just use pop access to my yahoo mail (i have mail plus) except that pop access only gives me access to my inbox and i have rules setup that separate my emails into a few different folders.

i've tried setting it to download "all," "3 days," "2 days." nothing will make it download new mail except deleting the account and setting it up again in yahoo go.

any one else have this issue, or does anyone have any ideas as to what might make this work for me?
  19. flipper9

flipper9 New Member

Lately I've been having the same issue. I assumed it was something wrong with my phone because I've been installing lots of stuff on it, and I thought I had screwed things up. I was going to reset (memory clear) my phone and re-install Yahoo Go! to see if it fixes it, or just wait until Yahoo Go! 2 comes out, which was supposed to be over a month ago.
  20. robinutah

robinutah New Member

yahoo made a change?

maybe yahoo changed their email system recently? i do have the email and attachmnt regedit for storage card instead of main memory. maybe that is contributing to the problem. hopefully go 2.0 comes out soon.