Yahoo Go - How Do You Feel About Needing Signal to View E-Mail?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by pekoe1111, Jul 14, 2007.

1. pekoe1111

pekoe1111 New Member

Yahoo Go - How Do You Feel About Needing Signal to View E-Mail?

Here's a question: How do people feel about needing a connection to view their Web mail as opposed to downloading it to your phone and having it there to look at even when you have no signal?
  2. Guerrilla

Guerrilla New Member

You need the signal to download the e-mail to your phone to begin with, so it makes no difference to me. If you want it to do that, setup your Yahoo account in the Q's mail instead of using YahooGo. Or I must be misunderstanding what you're asking.
  3. pekoe1111

pekoe1111 New Member

I guess the question is if e-mails are stored on your phone as with POP or whether you need a connection to view any e-mails?

So let's say you wanted to look at an e-mail someone sent you yesterday. You turn on your Q, fire up the Yahoo Go program, and then: Can you see all the e-mails in your account, or must you make an Internet connection (as you must do with your computer?
  4. chi

chi New Member

i don't mind at all. i don't like mail stored on my phone so i'm fine. the requirement of needing a connection means that when you view your mail, you're tapping directly into the server so any deletes, sends, or viewing updates your inbox real time.