Yahoo go 2.0

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by garfong, Jul 12, 2007.

1. daveproper

daveproper New Member

so i'm a little late to the game.

its a cool app. my only complaint so far is that, because i set my Q to save photos to the storage card, the flickr widget thinks there's no pics on my phone and thus i can't upload without moving the pics i want to onto my main memory...

anyone figure out a workaround?
  2. milamaxxx

milamaxxx New Member

If you havent already, move or copy your pix from the storage card to "My Pictures" on the phone. That might work.
  3. jmickelct

jmickelct New Member

Yahoo to go (removing Messaging POP client)

Hi, Newbie here. Have had the phone for a year, just set up Messaging email (Yahoo POP) recently. Hate the fact that it keeps loading (despite saying Never Connect), thus killing battery much more quickly.

Just found and loaded YahooToGo, like it very much. Next question: How the heck do I *uninstall\disable* the Messaging\YahooPOP client\program? I can see how to add another client, but cant find info on uninstalling.

Thnx.
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

welcome aboard... select an account, Menu > Options > Account Options > select the to be deleted account > Menu > Delete.
  5. MrClean

MrClean New Member

Mine show's the Delete 'grayed-out'. I can't select.
  6. jmickelct

jmickelct New Member

Yahoo Go 2.0 - Remove\Uninstall Messaging POP3

Well I ended up taking the long way around, and re-upgraded my system firmware, which basically gave me a clean install (sans POP3 set up).

Ironically, (since I had played around with my Outloook Email and went back in to delete any remaining outgoing emails), now Outlook Email will load every few minutes, accomplishing the same blasted battery killing activity that I was trying to uninstall POP3!

While it's not blindingly fast, I have to say that I pretty much like the Yahoo Go tool.. it does everything I need from an email client.. and a bunch more.

Ended up surrendering and sprung for a pair of extended 2800 mAh batteries..

Cheers.
  7. Marvelous Merv

Marvelous Merv New Member

Did anyone else notice....?

Late last week I opened Yahoo Go 2.0, and before it did anything as it usually does, something downloaded - I think it was a software upgrade, but I am not sure because I didn't get the opportunity to opt out or otherwise acknowledge that there was "something going on" other than that something was downloading.

Since that time there has been no improvement to push email - it still NEVER works...but my abiltiy to manually fetch Yahoo mail has been improved. I no longer get the "false negatives" that I did before...
  8. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

do you mean that 'purple bar' that goes across the screen when the program starts up?
    i think that has always been there
  9. Marvelous Merv

Nope. This was different. I got a strong of text and a message that said something like "downloading software content..."

Don't quote me on that - it was something more obscure than I had seen before.
  10. n99hockey

interesting
    after you posted your first message i loaded it up (the first time in months) and i didnt get anything like that....i wonder why
  11. Marvelous Merv

Its entirely possible that it WASN'T a software UPDATE. It could have been loading some kind of media content that I hadn't noticed or used before...I am just not sure. It DID NOT say "Downloading Software Update" or "Your Device Has Now Been Upgraded to Version 2.01". I simply noticed a different status indicator as I attempted to switch between Yahoo Go Apps and got that "Downloading content (or something)" message that I hadn't seen previously.
  12. Masun

Masun New Member

Does this work on verizon Q's. I got the .cab but I'm wondering if its for sprint, because sp is the filename? I'm having problems coming up with a "real" download link for verizon customers, thats why I am asking.

EDIT: nevermind. I decided to install the cab and see what happens.
  13. n99hockey

yes it does
    which im sure you figured out
    but the 'SP' in the cab file usually means 'SmartPhone'
  14. daisyd681

daisyd681 New Member

This is a long thread. Did anyone figure out how to attach files to e-mails? General page number? TIA
    Meira
  15. milamaxxx

milamaxxx New Member

There is a thread on here somewhere that explains how to use Yahoo IMAP on the Q. You can attach various files using that, as well as having your emails pushed to the device. I use that, rather than Yahoo 2.0, which I never liked.
  16. daisyd681

daisyd681 New Member

That would be ideal since I only reinstalled 2.0 because I thought it would do attachments.
  17. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

here is the post..
  18. daisyd681

daisyd681 New Member

You guy rock.

It still doesn't seem to be working but it says to keep trying. Thanks!
  19. Marvelous Merv

There are lots of things that don't work with Yahoo Go 2.0 - its okay, you'll get use to it!
  20. viceaction

viceaction New Member

Yahoo Go 2.0 works much better on a java only phone, not a great app for a smartphone that has a lot of capabilities imo. unless you use flickr alot and don't mind a serious battery drain I wouldn't bother. just upgrade your yahoo to imap and set it up on your q.