Yahoo go 2.0

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by garfong, Jul 12, 2007.

1. dawiz4u

dawiz4u New Member

Anyone notice battery drain running Yahoo Go V2?

This is the first day I tried running Yahoo Go V2 and I noticed my battery drained much more quickly than normal. I charged my Q last night and by early afternoon, I was down to 2 bars and then later 1 bar. My Q lasts much longer usually. I had Yahoo Go settings set for 30 min updates and Push email.
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

could that maybe be caused by all that flashy (unnecessary) stuff ?..
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

you actually got it to push and pull email on its own?
  4. dawiz4u

dawiz4u New Member

nope, push is not working. maybe someday...:frown:
  5. Marvelous Merv

Marvelous Merv New Member

Not only does Yahoo Go 2.0 not push email, it doesn't PULL it very well either. Knowing that there is "new" mail in my inbox, I need to select "check mail" sometimes four or five times before the program actually finds it...
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

<sarcasm>
    but it looks nice don't it...
    </sarcasm>

not making light of the situation... you would think that after the wait & delay period we would at least have something that works.
  7. MYSTARESE

MYSTARESE New Member

Hello,

I installed it today and was able to check my emails (169) and was able to forward emails with attachments to my job email account with no problem. I also was able to mark some of the email as spam when you click on the options tab. It did run very slow until I entered the Internet speed hack and had no more problems. As for being able to see all 169 emails, I just scrolled all the way to the bottom of the screen and you will see an option for "More emails"...just click on it and the next emails 1-100 etc. will show up. Yes..I must admit it takes a couple of seconds for some things to open up but not to long that it makes you want to pull your hair out.

Fingers crossed :wink:
  8. Marvelous Merv

Marvelous Merv New Member

I can't seem to find this "More emails" option of which you write. You scroll all the way to the bottom of which screen?
  9. MYSTARESE

MYSTARESE New Member

I select the Mail widget and once I'm in the "Inbox" to check my mail, I scroll down to the end of my Mail Inbox and the "More emails" option will show up. I highlight it in orange and just click select. It will show up at the bottom left of the screen above the options tab.

I just got a new message from Yahoo when I clicked on the Mail widget that I have 3 new emails and do I want to load them. One of the email was from everythingq.com that you "Marvelous Merv" responded to the thread.

Copy of email:

To:MYSTARESE@YAHOO.COMSubject:Reply to thread 'Yahoo go 2.0'From:"Motorola Q Forum | Everything Q" <webmaster@everythingq.com> Date:Wed, 08 Aug 2007 09:28:37 -0500

MYSTARESE,Marvelous Merv has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Yahoo go 2.0 - in the Software forum of Motorola Q Forum | Everything Q.This thread is located at:http://www.everythingq.com/forum/software/yahoo-go-2-0-a-9463-new-post.html
  10. MYSTARESE

MYSTARESE New Member

I have no problems with my battery because I have the Seidio 3200mah 3.7v Battery in my Q. I just came back from vacation and this battery works likes a charm. Only issue I have is that the top right/left side of the battery cover sticks up a tad bit on both sides on the Q and doesn't close completely flat like the original battery cover.

I weighed the Q w/battery and the job postal scale says it weighs 5.7 oz. Yes a little bit heavy but I got use to it and you really don't feel the weight
    of it when you have it in your pocket or connected to your belt clip.
  11. altrockdj

altrockdj New Member

I have been running Yahoo!Go 2.0 since I got my Q a couple of weeks ago. I even blogged about it as I am very impressed. The map/navigation tool works great, along with all the other tools. I don't have much issue with slowness, at least so far, so good. Yeah, battery on the Q runs down pretty quickly, but I charge at home/in car often, so it's not a big deal.
  12. gingerldk

gingerldk New Member

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
  13. qwho

qwho New Member

has anyone gotten yahoo go's mapping part to work with their bluetooth gps receiver? there don't seem to be settings anywhere to let you set it up to work with one.
  14. RUGBYNUTT

RUGBYNUTT New Member

Ok my two cents is in tune with most of you, Cool look, slow as hell, battery drained. I uninstalled it and am happier. at least it was free unlike the pocket Tv i purchased and found worthless.
  15. schism

schism New Member

OK, so today is the day that 1.0 is supposed to stop working. Do you think there's any chance the email portion is still going to work? I could care less about the actual app, but I like that this version actually "pushes" email to your phone, unlike 2.0. I guess I'll see what happens tomorrow.
  16. atlanta

atlanta New Member

i like the app doesnt run slow for me!
  17. TheBigCheese

TheBigCheese New Member

You must be the most patient person alive!

Even if it ran fast, it would be worthless as it misses emails, doesn't delete them, can't view attachments, doesn't do IM, etc etc etc.
  18. RUGBYNUTT

RUGBYNUTT New Member

yea at the mimimum they should of included IM.
  19. atlanta

atlanta New Member

lol.... guess that was just like a run the first and second time thing because now i see what you guys mean then notifications take forever to pop up and freezes my phone at times... Windows Live Search is way more advance.
  20. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

it's almost like you don't like Yahoo Go :}