Yahoo go 2.0

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by garfong, Jul 12, 2007.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

isn't Pocket Express default on the Q ? if so... it is stored in the ROM and can not be deleted.
  2. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

It sure looks that way, although I've tried it, I don't like it so they should let me remove it! :angry: That would be to simple I guess. :frown:
  3. TheBigCheese

TheBigCheese New Member

You like it?

1. Doesn't do push email ...
    2. Can't email an attachment
    3. Locks up when you try to read an email in the BULK folder
    4. Can't view most attachments despite the claim in the help file that it does
    5. Can't download any attachments
    6. Yahoo GO! will randomly quit when running in that background and you then have to wait FOREVER (so it seems) to reload
    7. Sloooooow

What is there to like?
  4. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

I like it for what it can do and I use the default email client so that covers 1 through 5!

Haven't had an issue with it quitting and while it can be slow it's not a surprise for such a feature rich app!
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

what i read pretty often is that people seem to like the layout... which as i said is not relevant to me unless it also works as it should.
  6. milamaxxx

milamaxxx New Member

yahoo 1.0 vs 2.0

if the yahoo 1.0 cab file is available, can someone send it to me at milamaxxx@yahoo.com. or tell me where to get it. 2.0 is nice looking, but 1.0 is better to me.
  7. rocman9

rocman9 New Member

My Q isn't setup to access the internet on its own (my choice). Will this program be able to download maps and everything if I sync it to my computer?
  8. TheBigCheese

TheBigCheese New Member

No it is designed for constant online access. Nothing will work if you don't have Internet access.
  9. milamaxxx

milamaxxx New Member

I WANT MY YAHOO 1.0 BACK!!! I deleted it for 2.0 and I prefer 1.0.
  10. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i have the cab file for v1.0 in my apps site...(which you can find in my signature)
  11. naejae730

naejae730 New Member

I used to be able to get my yahoo e-mails right from the home screen with the old Yahoo Go. E-mails would come as soon as they were sent. Although I absolutely love the 2.0 version (could just be because i waited so long:2cool:) I am having some problems with the "e-mail pushing". I've sent a few test e-mails which showed up with a message while I was in yahoo go but is there a way for me to be notified that i have mail without actually being in the program? That's the kind of "push" I'm looking for.

Hope someone can help me.
  12. Marvelous Merv

Marvelous Merv New Member

Let me be the first to suggest that we may have a carrier issue here. I am on Verizon and the push email feature seldom works, and manually checking email will also frequently fail to pick up on either new or previously read emails since the last time it updated successfully. I'd say it works about 20% of the time.

Lets take a quick survey - I am on Verizon and my experience is that few of the features work seamlessly. Are our happy campers all/mostly Sprint users?
  13. TheBigCheese

TheBigCheese New Member

I am on Sprint and have the same problems. Frequent timeouts, push not working, etc.
  14. robinutah

robinutah New Member

1.0 still better than 2.0

i'm on verizon and could never get the email to work anywhere but in the prog itself. i don't want to launch a program to see my email. i want the program to work with the existing capability of my phone... that's why I bought a smartphone in the first place.

i went back to 1.0 after checking everyday for 2.0 to come out. my excitement for 2.0 disappeared in less time than it took me to download and install the program.
  15. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I am on Sprint and after waiting so long, the newness ran out on the 2.0 real quick. I have already deleted it off of my phone and just go back to checking my email from the IMAP account. 2.0 was slow and I didn't like having to constantly wait for each tab to update to get info that was still a couple of hours old. Much ado about nothing as far as I am concerned!
  16. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

I think I figured it out!

Its Mol3! I just updated today and now my yahoogo2.0 is slower than it was before. Before today, I had mol2 with no problems.:frown:
  17. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

that could be possible...im still running MOL1 (i think...got the phone early feb) and i have no issues with the program
  18. TheBigCheese

TheBigCheese New Member

IMAP? I can't get it to work. It keeps asking for my password. What's the secret?
  19. RBJ

RBJ New Member

I am with Sprint and I have similar problems. I have to open up the application to check my emails. Another thing is, for the last few days, even if I delete emails from my Q, after 4th or 5th deletion.. this freaking yahoo go checks my email again and puts me back to the same number of unread emails as before my deletion.

I like the look and feel but core functionality sucks for Yahoo Go 2.0 !!
  20. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

amen my friend... but it seems like they succeeded in many cases by blowing people way with the looks over functionality...

and yes i am also bitter that after almost 2 weeks i haven't heard anything from Yahoo support.