Yahoo go 2.0

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by garfong, Jul 12, 2007.

1. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

Yahoo! Go 2.0 Email

I think I liked the e-mail from 1.0 better. I liked how it was on my phone. I can't get a notification when new messages arrive. I have enable PUSH. I also told it to NEVER look for updates, since PUSH was enabled. Anyone else having problems?
  2. Justinxpx109

Justinxpx109 New Member

Does anybody else find that it doesn't update news and stuff on its own?
  3. TeamPEZ

TeamPEZ New Member

nor does it update any email...
  4. Justinxpx109

Justinxpx109 New Member

Hopefully there will be a fix soon.
  5. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

Yahoo 2.0 Problems...

I by far am NOT sticking up for yahoo, but it is stll in BETA, so we can't expect TO much yet...
  6. TheBigCheese

TheBigCheese New Member

BETA? This is a really strange beta. There are no beta help forums, no way to report bugs and get feedback (except the one-way feedback on the web site).

It is more an alpha IMHO. Tons of stuff not working or not implemented and missing critical modules.
  7. schism

schism New Member

ya, even though on 1.0 it would rarely ever download new mail, I could at least easily send mail without having to go into Yahoo. And since the Q doesn't have picture mail enabled, I could at least send a pic via an email. Now with 2.0, I guess I would have to go into Yahoo, create an email and attach the pic to it. No thanks. Even though I like the look of it, I might go back to 1.0 just for email aspect.
  8. mombopete

mombopete New Member

Does anyone know how to get your yahoo fantasy sports on the carousel?
  9. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

not sure if you can
    i didnt see anything that allows you to add that or anything else to the program :frown:
  10. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

I love this little bundle of apps. I conducted a test and now my yahoo email appears almost instantly. The news and weather are awesome too. It has by far one of the best weather apps I've used. The news would be better if it actually displayed more articles. I almost want to get rid of pocket express... hmmm... I don't know about that.:2cool:
  11. TeamPEZ

TeamPEZ New Member

... and you just may be the only one that feels this way. i just ditched my 2.0 and went back to old faithful www.yahoo.com until they fix the bugs out.
  12. stryker412

stryker412 New Member

It looks really nice but my lord is it ever slow switching to different things.
  13. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish New Member

That's the deal-killer for me. It's just a pain in the ass to navigate when each action takes 5 seconds. It seems they focused on the visual aspect at the expense of usability.
  14. BobH42

BobH42 New Member

Slightly unrelated but I don't think that Yahoo! has any fantasy content that's formated for the Motorola Q platform. I asked them specifically about StatTracker and here's the response I received on 7/13/2007:

:embarassed:
  15. TheBigCheese

TheBigCheese New Member

You get notified of email immediately? 90% of the time, it never notified me, 5% it says you have mail and then I have to wait 30secs-1minute while it "downloads" mail headers and 5 % of the time, it says I have mail and I don't!

Also, it only notifies while I am using Yahoo GO, never any time else.

What good is that?

Weather? I like Weather channel mobile much better.
  16. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

Boy, I must be experiencing the golden version of yahoo go 2.0 :smile:

Yes, My email downloads immediately. No, it does not notify me, but when I sent several test emails from my gmail account (from my laptop) to my yahoo account (on the Q), the emails showed up immediately. First time I've ever experienced that on the Q.

And me personally, I don't need a notification everytime I recieve an email, because I usually check it twice a day regardless of whether I recieve a notification or not.

On another note, I don't know why, but yahoo go is not slow at all on my Q. Its just as fast as the updated WLS. I guess this is wierd...????? I installed to a memory card and I didn't get the download link from this site. I actually heard about it from another site clicked the link and was taken to yahoo go 2.0's site. (can't remember the site I linked from)

I'm sorry everybody is experiencing problems, but I'm absolutely loving this app. No problems here. :2cool:
  17. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

Ok, I found the "more articles button" so I guess, I have no gripes with this app. I will remove Pocket Express. This app does everything that PocketExp does and more.:2cool:
  18. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

These are some things I did, maybe you can try them...

1st, I'm in an Evdo area with good signal. That does make a difference.

Secondly, On the carousel, go to the mail icon but don't click. select options/settings. adjust your settings to your preference. I have:

General settings-Update interval: 30mins night time: on
    Mail settings- Everything On

I don't know, maybe that will help...
  19. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

support

Scott (n99hockey) told me Yahoo support was pretty good helping him, well as soon a version 2.0 of Go came out i emailed them with a issue and still haven't heard anything.

anyone have a email address of Yahoo support that is read by a human being ?

thanks.
  20. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

Just got this too and liking the look of it, so much better than Pocket Express.

Anyone know how to remove Pocket Express completely?

Craig