Yahoo go 2.0

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by garfong, Jul 12, 2007.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

ps. it does make me consider to get rid of Weather Watcher and maybe even Google Maps.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

oh i got rid of weather watcher awhile ago once i got fizz weather on my HS

not sure about loosing google maps yet....

-Sent from my Q
  3. pschuler

pschuler New Member

I wish they included YMessenger

I wish they had incorporated Messenger with this. I am using IM+ and it's ok, but including theirs would have been great! :wink:
  4. click360

click360 New Member

Y! Go

Well first off Yahoo NEVER emailed or texted me like I signed up for to let me know that the release of Y! Go 2.0 is out!!! :angry: O well, Downloaded it kinda nice. Still like my gmail, I am unable to attach pictures or anything like that. I like that there is a lot of diffrent options within the program like weather, traffic, news, ect... Ill give it a couple of days.
    Click~
  5. GEPTRONIXDJS

GEPTRONIXDJS New Member

Yahoo 2 Go

now that i have downloaded it and i like it .....i want to get it on my home screen if possible instead of going thru all the buttons to get to the icon...what are the chances of getting it on the home screen so i can just point to it and go from there...any help is greatly appreciated...thanks in advance
  6. aegrant

aegrant New Member

Better late than never...

... But i really thought it would never come out (vaporware). I downloaded this morning since for the past few weeks it was schedule to be released on Friday. It looks nice, like the GUI but only time will tell if it is worth the wait. And like click360 I never got a txt.

Hey did anybody else notice that yahoo took off the direct link from the front page for the mobile web page? I notice this on Wednesday, guess they finally got too embarassed by all the coming soons being on the page for the past 4 months.

Hey one more question - how do I uninstall yahoo go 1.0? Or maybe I should keep it in case 2.0 bombs, it did say beta while loading.
  7. RBJ

RBJ New Member

I think you can uninstall it using ActiveSync. I haven't tried it yet but will do it this weekend.

And by the way, those who want to download it from their Q. Go to mobile.yahoo.com then go to yahoo International and select Y! India. I saw yahoo go 2.0 download link there. And when i click on it, i was able to see the .CAB file for motorola Q.

Check it out.
  8. n99hockey

go to start..settings..more..remove programs
  9. abb

abb New Member

This looks great! Question?

This looks great! But during the installation process Yahoo asks if one wants to download to device or card. Does it matter? I would prefer card because I like to keep things on my 2gb for space reasons. Hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question? But, Hey..that's why there's a place like this right? No such thing as a dumb question! I'm just trying to learn. :wink:

Thanks to all or any in advance for your time with a reply.

Sincerely,
    abb

:smile:
  10. n99hockey

you can download to and install it on your SD card...i did and it works just fine
  11. RBJ

RBJ New Member

It should not be a problem. I did the same thing. I had Yahoo Go installed on my device and now I installed Go 2.0 on SD Card. You should be fine.
  12. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Do you have the facade app? If so, you can choose yahoo 2.0 and add that button onto your home screen that way. You go to facade settings, menu, launcher, buttons and then scroll down until you see the Yahoo! Go 2.0. It adds that button to your home screen.
  13. GEPTRONIXDJS

GEPTRONIXDJS New Member

:2cool:

go tarheels....you are the bomb dude it worked just like you said....you are like kreskin dude.....thanks again....can you sense i am happy now....wooo hooo....big ups to tarheelsrule:2cool:
  14. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

:2cool:Glad I could help!!:thumbup:
  15. abb

abb New Member

Thank you, but...

Thank you but for some strange reason, the installation will only let me use device? I have Verizon Service - I'm not sure if that matters? Perhaps I'll try it later. Either way it's a great Yahoo upgrade & I'm happy to have it!

Thanks again for your response!
  16. aegrant

aegrant New Member

Since we have 2.0 now...

...does anyone use flickr?

I used Yahoo photo in the past but didn't activate it in go 1.0 since it would put all those images on my phone. Does flickr work the same way or is it strictly internet based (i.e. the photos stay on the server and never on my phone)?

Damn yahoo!

Yahoo photo was working fine then they scrap the whole thing for this flickr crap.
  17. gmardre

gmardre New Member

18. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yea, too bad though that both Yahoo nor my friends here have found a solution for my "issue"....

nice site never the less..
  19. glchism

glchism New Member

question

what is the difference between 2.0 and yahoo mobile? I don't see the difference.
  20. glchism

glchism New Member

sorry!

don't bother to respond to my last post. that sure was a dumb question. i just played with it and i love it.