Yahoo! Go 2.0 stinks

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by milamaxxx, Jul 31, 2007.

1. milamaxxx

milamaxxx New Member

Yahoo! Go 2.0 stinks

After waiting and waiting for 2.0, like many of us, I finally got it a few weeks ago--and it sux!!! I've been writing, back and forth, to Yahoo about the fact that 2.0 doesn't push emails to my device-even though it claims to do so in its "settings" section. I was told that I could check for new emails by going into the program and asking it to check for new emails.

I let them know that with 1.0, I never had to do that. With 1.0, a notification of a new email was sent to my device, in the form of a text message. So, now I see that with 2.0, if I don't go "ask" it to check it for new emails, I'll never know whether I have one or not. How is that an improvement over 1.0?

Also, I let them know that I had an attachment (Windows audio) that wouldn't open with 2.0. When I attempted to open it, I received the message "unable to download attachment". When I tried to open it in the browser, I received the message "the file cannot be viewed on this device". Yet, I was able to open it with 1.0, without any trouble. How is this an improvement?

The final note from Yahoo basically told me that, in order to provide mobile customers with the best online experience, some tough decisions had to be made. Uh, yeah, I see--like taking away the most convienient parts of mobile email--being able to open certain attachments and being able to receive email notifications to my device. How is that an improvement?

Oh, yeah-even though I've had 2.0 for a couple weeks now, I was just sent a message today that it was available for my phone. Oh, really?!? Ya think it might work now?!?

I also noticed that when I downloaded 2.0, Yahoo didn't appear in my "Messaging" section, with text messages, Outlook, and MMS, the way 1.0 did. This leads me to believe, even further, that 2.0 is not "connected" to my device like 1.0.

All I see is that 2.0 has a bunch of graphics that 1.0 didn't. Whoopee!! I don't need graphics! I don't wanna have to go through four different pages, just to read one story. 2.0 SUX!! I swear, it's like getting a prettier girl, then finding out she can't cook, spell, or read. I want my Plain Jane back!!!

1.0's email ability is better. Oh, and did I tell you? 2.0 SUX!!!
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i partly agree and am not impressed at all by graphic stuff if the software doesn't work.... my biggest interest goes out to where you email for support and actually get responses, i emailed and heard nothing, made a post here asking for help and/or a working Yahoo support email and also heard nothing.

and to boot we actually pay for that Yahoo email (not my choice, dude before me here at work signed up :(
  3. milamaxxx

milamaxxx New Member

I contacted Yahoo through a help section on the Go program. They responded quickly to each email. I sent a total of 3 emails to them and they replied quickly. I hope a lot of people complain and Yahoo gets their act together.
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

do you happen to have that email address (still here at work and not in the mood to go find it :}

thx.
  5. milamaxxx

milamaxxx New Member

The address is something like "help.yahoo.com" with a bunch of backslash destinations after it. However, if you Google "help with Yahoo 2.0", the 3rd or 4th option says "What is Yahoo Go 2.0"--click on that choice. It will take you to the page I used. Then, go all the way down that page. There you will be able to click on an icon that says "Contact Customer Care". Doing that will get you to a page where you can give them your info and ask your question, or make your statement. That's the form/page I used, when I sent in my inquiry.
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

emailed them this morning, we will see.... thx.