Yahoo Go 2.0 is coming soon!

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by trent_duke, Mar 9, 2007.

1. trent_duke

trent_duke New Member

Yahoo Go 2.0 is coming soon!

Our Q made the list of coming soon for YahooGo 2.0 Gamma.

Keep an eye out:2cool:

Trent
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

cool good to know...thanks
  3. red_1z

red_1z New Member

i had to get rid of my current yahoo! go, because of crazy junk mail..like around 10 messages just littering my inbox :foot: advise anyone?
  4. jim9112

jim9112 New Member

i hope they make delivery more consistant, with the old version it sometimes takes an entire day to get mail to my phone. ill end the complaining now though, i know its all been said in other posts.
  5. pizzer

pizzer New Member

Change the settings so that it connects more frequently.
  6. jim9112

jim9112 New Member

ummmm yeah that was the first thing i tried the problem was that even if i forced the sync it wouldnt grab th new mail, so regardless of what frequency i set it at it wasnt always downloading the new messages
  7. anthonylitz

anthonylitz New Member

I really like the Yahoo Go that we are able to use now! I have not had any problems getting my mail on time. And as far as spam mail goes, while looking at your mail headers press the right soft key and at the bottom of the list choose This is Spam, it will auto delete and block them from sending you mail again. Hopefully the new version will not put your mail into a "special yahoo viewer" and will keep all of the mail in the Moto Q's Messaging area!!??

LOVE IT :)

Anthony
  8. MrClean

MrClean New Member

I had Yahoo Go on my Q for about a week, then had to do a Master Reset which obviously killed the app. Went back to download it and it said it wasn't available for my phone (until April).
    I thought I was losing my mind...........LOL, but a friend at work who also has a Q told me that it was on my phone, he saw it. We were looking for 2 days trying to figure out how I got it. I guess with the switch to 2.0 Gamma, they pulled the old version of Go.
  9. n99hockey

yea they arent letting anyone download the old version of the software since the new just came out. i have the old cab file if you want let me know.
  10. Marvelous Merv

Marvelous Merv New Member

They don't seem to be appreciably further along with Yahoo Go 2 now, than they did when they first announced it two months ago...
  11. SimpleBinary

SimpleBinary New Member

Yeah, I had to do a master reset and lost Yahoo! Go 1.0 and now I can't find it anywhere. Is there any date when version 2.0 is going to be out?
  12. flipper9

flipper9 New Member

No date, just some vague "in April" time frame. Moto Q users miss out because few people support it. I kinda regret buying a phone that isn't supported yet, and will soon be eclipsed by the next version of the Moto Q. No wonder it was was so cheap from Sprint! :angry:
  13. UPdownLoAD

UPdownLoAD New Member

14. n99hockey

great find...i guess its out already!!

edit: this doesnt appear to be 2.0...its telling me that i already have it installed and do i want to reinstall
  15. nette

nette New Member

16. flipper9

flipper9 New Member

Any news on when it is coming out? The site says sometime in April...but it's now May.
  17. Duality169

Duality169 New Member

I was able to install just now navigating to the site with my q but I can't tell if it is 1.0 or 2.0. It says version 20060817a and build #293. Can anyone verify which this is?
  18. jerkules

jerkules New Member

I can't seem to get anything from the site...
  19. n99hockey

are you sure you picked the right phone?
    the Q section under verizon and sprint doesnt have anything to download..version 1 or 2....
  20. flipper9

flipper9 New Member

That is version 1. I installed version 1 a month ago and have been pleased with it's ability to do email, synchronize yahoo calendar, synchronize yahoo contacts, and auto-upload pictures. However, I'm looking forward to any new features that might exist in version 2.

BTW, will Yahoo GO! upload our picture to Flickr instead of Yahoo Photos since they just announced they are closing down Yahoo Photos?