Yahoo Go 2.0 has arrived

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by schism, Jul 12, 2007.

1. schism

schism New Member

Yahoo Go 2.0 has arrived

WOW! I'm shocked. I was on the main Yahoo page and I noticed on the left side where all the categories are listed that "Mobile' wasn't there anymore. I figured they did away with the service completely, but i found the
    mobile link on another page. So, I figured while I'm here, I'll check the status of the Q. Click on Sprint and I couldn't believe it, "Coming Soon" was no longer over the picture.
    I downloaded and installed a few minutes later. Way nicer than 1.0. I haven't played with it that much, but it seems pretty cool. There's an option to have email "pushed", but I'm not sure how to get it to work. "Yahoo!" doesn't show up under the messaging section like it did with 1.0. I'll have to do some more research to see what's up with it.
    Anyway, I figured a few people on here might be excited. Also, I just checked, its available for VZN as well. Funny though, the Q is the only one that has been updated, at least on Sprint. All the others still say coming soon.
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yes... see here also...
  3. tpipher1

tpipher1 New Member

Wow, I had given up on it. Not sure I will use it now. Kinda liking googles offerings. Never thought I would see the day when I would say that!
  4. arsreh

arsreh New Member

I downloaded it last night myself and like it but the email is a little quirky

it is a beta release and some errors might be coming but overall i like it
  5. chatmaster20

chatmaster20 Member

Yahoo! is a bit late to the party, imo.

MS Live Search release version 2 yesterday with many improvements. I really liked the 1.0 , but this version has whole bunch of improvements. I don't see many Google and MS Live users coming back to Yahoo! Does not look like they offer anything that the other programs don't.
  6. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

I will not be getting rid of WLS, but I love yahoo go 2.0! My email is updated frequently, the interface is just killer!, and I love the weather app. With this and WLS what can't the Q do?.....

Now if we can just find out a way to get visual voicemail, I can tell the iphone to kick rocks!:2cool:
  7. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Do a search for callwave and you will have your visual voicemail, installed on my sprint Q yesterday and it works very nicely and it's free!
  8. chatmaster20

chatmaster20 Member

Is it my Q or Yahoo! Go 2 is exremely slow. I like the features and the interface, but I really can't navigate through options. I installed the program to the card, so it may be slowing it down, but everything takes forever and I get "Sorry, Yahoo Go cannot process your request at this time" errors.
  9. carlg

carlg New Member

Well, It's about time. Just got through downloading and installing it using PIE on the Q. Easy download, and looks very cool. As was posted above, runs extremely SLOW. But it IS a neat look, and I really like the push capabilities for y-mail. notwithstanding the slow pace, a cool feature.:w00t::w00t:
  10. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!:2cool:

Ok its official, to hell with the iphone. My Q is the bomb!:smile:
  11. ScruffyDuffles

ScruffyDuffles New Member

i can't even find a reliable link to d/l the damn thing to my q. any help please?
  12. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

Push Not Working

Has anyone gotten push mail to work? Mine never updates until I manually check for mail.
  13. gmelson

gmelson New Member

I'm running into the same problem. Ran a test mail and it did not do anything
  14. chi

chi New Member

copied from the other thread... i had to download to my computer then send it via USB to my Q.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dcb0r4d3ynv
  15. Guerrilla

Guerrilla New Member

I just went to m.yahoo.com on my Q and clicked "Get YahooGo!" and the CAB downloaded, installed, and worked perfectly.