Yahoo Fantasy Football is now Open!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TarHeelsRule!, Jun 10, 2008.

1. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

I don't see why not, I have a few of my friends on it already! :tounge:
  2. Sent out a few invites.....
  3. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Yeah, why not?! Not only can we trash talk about their teams we can trash talk about who has the superior phone!!

I say the more the merrier!
  4. they do have speed on their side.
  5. ARGHH!!!!
    I just got hired to photograph a wedding that day....so I will be on autopilot....that stinks!!!!
    :frown:
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

shame...but on the bright side you will be making $$
  7. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

There are only 18 days to go until the live draft and with only 9 spaces left time is ticking! Get you time in now before it's too late! Click here to register your team.

Craig
  8. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I messed up and signed up twice. Guess I really want to show of my fantasy football skills. Can you delete one of my Chilltown teams?
  9. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

Consider it done.
  10. n99hockey

typical cowboys fan.....:tounge:
  11. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

Woah there! Those are fighting words!
  12. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

Proposed Live Draft Date Change

I've had quite a few requests from members who have requested that the Live Draft date be moved from Saturday to Sunday due to the fact that they have to work on Saturday.

So unless there are any objections I plan to move the Live Draft date to Sunday 10th August at 2pm.

Also this post acts as a reminder that with the proposed new Live Draft date there are only 8 days to gegt your teams in with places running out!

Craig
  13. craig, website says 3pm....which is it?
  14. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

I've just taken a look and it definately say's 2pm, but that is CT, so depending on where you are then yes it may be 3pm.

Craig
  15. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

ok considering Im ALREADY on a roll tonight/this morning I might as well ask. WTH is fantasy football/baseball/cricket/lemming races/whatever? Im assuming that its a list of a bunch of teams that you think will make it to the championships. Am I correct? I keep thinking that theres more to it then that but I dont know... and while you all are already having seizurescan someone explain what a Tailgating Party is...it sounds like its something dirty but i hope not. :tounge:
  16. Tailgating is when you hang out before a game, drink, grill some burgers, some sausage, add some alcohol...light a dan marino beanie baby on fire and hit it with a driver across the parking lot, gang tackle a port a potty.....
  17. n99hockey

yea that sounds about right
  18. I did that with the Jets fan club and I am a HUGE Dolphin Fan!
  19. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I have tickets to go and see my Panthers take it to the Broncos and am looking for a tailgating party to crash!

Tailgating is alot of fun and I heard that the Bears are trying to cut down on some of the tailgating at their games by people who don't have tickets. I mean some people can't afford tickets and that is a way to still root for your team.
  20. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Fantasy football is highly addictive. It will change the way you watch football and who you root for.

You are in essence a manager of a team, you draft players that you think will rack in the points and then you play the odds. Instead of simply following your team and their stats you will be combing all the teams that you have players on. I have even had to pull for T.O. because he was on my team and that was truly painful to root for a dreaded Cowboy! But I love it, I have 4 fantasy teams so far....all on Yahoo.

I didn't like playing fantasy baseball or basketball because there are too many games and too many changes that needed to be made. Football, you have at least a week to mull over your choices and make changes based on the injury report.