Yahoo Fantasy Football is now Open!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TarHeelsRule!, Jun 10, 2008.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

thems is fighting words!!!:angry:
  2. I pull for the Gmen but my team is Gasp the 'phins.
  3. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I would be gasping too, if I was a 'phins fan. Although if Delhomme gets hurt I don't know who our backup QB is.
  4. See we have plenty of backups, just no starter.
    :)
  5. JBK617

JBK617 New Member

I'm in as Utah Bears
  6. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

So far so good, still a long time to go until the start and 6 teams in the league already, that does indeed bode well.

With regard to the Live Draft, which I've never done before BTW, if we do enable that but one person is unable to attend how would there team get built? Would the system pick for them or would they just get what's left over at the end!

Craig
  7. How the live draft works is this.
    Everyone still has to rank players.
    If your computer crashes, you get booted out, etc. it will pick the next available from the list.
  8. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Yahoo already has ranked but most people like to change it based on their preferences. But what Tony said is correct, when your spot comes up if you are not there or one of the scenarios that Tony mentioned happens then the computer goes to your rankings and puts in your next pick.

If everyone is present a live draft can take quite awhile, I think it's like 20 seconds each person gets to choose but you don't realize how long that is until you go through it.
  9. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

In that case a live draft it is. As I'll have some people from Europe in the league too I'll schedule the draft for a Saturday or Sunday morning so that hopefully most people will be available.

We are totalling 6 teams at present but with still a while to go before the start of the season we should see that number grow considerably.

Craig
  10. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

Fantasy Football News

I have now changed to a live draft and have set it to take place on Sat Aug 16 1:00pm CDT . This date and time should allow the most people to be available and remember to set you pre-draft rankings just in case you can't make it for any reason.

In other news we're up to 9 managers now so we're almost halfway there and with around six weeks to go til the live draft there is still every chance that we'll get to the league maximum number of 20.

Regards

Craig
  11. n99hockey

added it to outlook!
  12. and with the first pick in the draft......

pot 9m
  13. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

Is that a question or a statement as from what I can see the "Order of selection will be randomly determined approximately 30 minutes before the start of the draft"

Craig

14. just a play on how the real thing goes.
  15. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

With 50 days to go until the live draft we are now past the 50% manager rate, it's sure looks good for a full house of 20 managers however it is based on a first come first served basis so don't put it off for too long otherwise you may be disappointed.

Craig
  16. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

Just a quick FYI to all members of the league that you may have got a email saying that the league commissioner has changed, well I've changed it to myself in an effort to consolidate my Yahoo accounts, so basically it's business as usual!

Craig
  17. n99hockey

thanks for the heads up

-Sent from my Q9c
  18. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Just had a live draft in one of my other yahoo league's. There were 12 managers and it took us a little over 1 hour. But only 4 managers actually participated the rest were autopicks. And we had alot more players to choose in that league.

Just figured I would give a heads up as to how much time it took.
  19. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

That's goo information, hopefully we'll get more people taking part in the live draft so it may take a little bit longer but I'm still looking forward to it. :)

We're still at 11 managers so have 9 spots left, there are still 40 days until D-Day but there is no time like the present to join and guarentee your place in the only Everything Football League.

Craig
  20. should we open it to our BB relatives?
    my brother and brother in law would do it....but they own BB 8830's