Yahoo E-Mail v. Mail2Web

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by pekoe1111, Apr 24, 2007.

1. pekoe1111

pekoe1111 New Member

Yahoo E-Mail v. Mail2Web

I have searched a bit and can't find the simple answer, so please no bashing!

I have Yahoo e-mail that I understand I can set up to "pull" mail periodically on the Q.

I also understand I can get mail2web and set it up ActiveSync to "push" it to my phone for $2/mo. with my own e-mail address.

My understanding is they are both accessed in the Q's Outlook e-mail, but one is updated every 15 minutes (for example) and the other is "instant". Am I correct on this? Are there either audible or vibrating e-mail alerts for either?

Thanks!

B
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

as long if you are on the profile title 'normal' it will beep when you get an email (assuming you dont modify the profile) and on the profile 'meeting' it will vibrate when you get an email
  3. pekoe1111

pekoe1111 New Member

Thanks for the quick reply.

Are all my assumptions about how the e-mail works correct?

Barry

4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i dont use either so i really cant tell you if thats how it in fact will work for you....
  5. jim9112

jim9112 New Member

Thats how i understand mail2web to work i dont use it so im not pos, as far as yahoo goes if you pay for your yahoo email you can set it up as a pop account and your phone will check it up to every fifteen min. you can set the alerts to whatever you want when emails btw.
  6. scottjb

scottjb New Member

Mail2Web uses ActiveSync. You can set up ActiveSync to push (instant delivery) or pull (timed updates). You set that preference up on your handset.
  7. Angelo921

Angelo921 New Member

Where do you see that its $2 a month for activesync to push email?